Looking for the house on the water in cape coral i keep hearing about >

Looking for the house on the water in cape coral i keep hearing about

Notices

Looking for the house on the water in cape coral i keep hearing about

Old 07-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by chris@uga
We're likely taking off the week of October 7-11 and the week of November 4-8 because we need to use of some PTO and to check out Cape Coral. I'd love to meet up with some locals and we'd be more than willing to pay for gas, snacks, and beer if anyone wanted to go boating!

I promise we're pretty normal.

I have to check my schedule. I work 28-14 right now. If I'm home me and the wife will show you guys around. Should have engines out of formula but might have pro line at the house.

To the others here in the cape we should all meet up next weekend. A beach or island. Anchor up hang out.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you recommend this area for newlyweds in their late 20s/early 30s who are looking to start a family in a few years?

We're both physical therapists and work in skilled nursing and home health. We currently live in Thomasville, GA but are bored to tears of the area and both love Florida, the beach, and boating.

I think we'd patiently wait for a nice foreclosure on a canal that we could get into for ~$200k. We've never been to Cape Coral, but this thread has us thinking.

Thoughts?
Well, Chris; I have an X in Thomasville, and a daughter that graduated from UGA, but I'm a YellerJacket. Just want you to know that it is at least 10.5 hours driving time to Athens, and you will be lucky if you can get a paragraph in the paper on the dwags down here.

We do have a brand new VA Clinic (Hospital) here that will attract business for you both. But YOU CAN'T BUY a HOUSE on SKYLARK CT. I already moved from a street with one of "your" fans on it and I got tired of driving by his house each fall with his dwags flag in his front yard. I would suggest part of your research cover exactly how much coverage you will be able to get here. They do have Reruns and the Rev. Richt show on CSS during the week, but actual games on the "main sports local and cable channels mostly show Michigan, Ohio State, or some other Northern School here, unless the Gansters (hurricanes), Criminoles (Seminoles), or Gansters II (Florida) are playing some big name.

And just so I don't forget, THWG. oh...and 2008 was a good year
Old 07-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

We're likely taking off the week of October 7-11 and the week of November 4-8 because we need to use of some PTO and to check out Cape Coral. I'd love to meet up with some locals and we'd be more than willing to pay for gas, snacks, and beer if anyone wanted to go boating!

I promise we're pretty normal.
L]
OK, you're normal, but what about us, there's lots of good folks down here, I'm sure someone can get you guys out on a boat for a ride, I.C.U. if he's back at home, or we'd be glad to take ya out for a bit, just give a shout when it's time, there's FMO fun runs that time of year, maybe you'll get to go on one of those, they're real fun.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Looks like a great area. For the unexperienced, are there association dues in these areas that were linked? Is that "normal" / "regular" in Florida? Seems like most of the places we've looked at (online) have an association.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
Looks like a great area. For the unexperienced, are there association dues in these areas that were linked? Is that "normal" / "regular" in Florida? Seems like most of the places we've looked at (online) have an association.
We don't have any association or fees of any kind other than the normal real estate taxes, utility, water, cable bills in a regular subdivision, we live Southwest of Cape Coral Pkwy and Skyline in a house, not a condo.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Depends on where you buy. Some gated communities and such have hoa's. but as a general rule I thumb. Most single family homes no hoa's
Old 07-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
I have to check my schedule. I work 28-14 right now. If I'm home me and the wife will show you guys around. Should have engines out of formula but might have pro line at the house.
I.C.U, any outing in a boat would be great. I just want to see what a typical afternoon is like boating in the area. We'll likely want to take the boat out almost daily when it's nice to unwind after work or travel to a restaurant on the water so I want to see just what we're dealing with regarding bridges, locks, idle zones, etc.

Originally Posted by 88Fount33
Well, Chris; I have an X in Thomasville, and a daughter that graduated from UGA, but I'm a YellerJacket. Just want you to know that it is at least 10.5 hours driving time to Athens, and you will be lucky if you can get a paragraph in the paper on the dwags down here.

We do have a brand new VA Clinic (Hospital) here that will attract business for you both. But YOU CAN'T BUY a HOUSE on SKYLARK CT. I already moved from a street with one of "your" fans on it and I got tired of driving by his house each fall with his dwags flag in his front yard. I would suggest part of your research cover exactly how much coverage you will be able to get here. They do have Reruns and the Rev. Richt show on CSS during the week, but actual games on the "main sports local and cable channels mostly show Michigan, Ohio State, or some other Northern School here, unless the Gansters (hurricanes), Criminoles (Seminoles), or Gansters II (Florida) are playing some big name.

And just so I don't forget, THWG. oh...and 2008 was a good year

I'll subscribe to the ESPN internet sites so I can watch the Dawgs play and stream that through the TV. I always find a way to watch my team. I've been a member of the Dawgvent for over 10 years and get all my information through their reporters.

So I need to look for a place on Skylark, huh? I ought to get a nice red and black themed wrap on the boat and cruise up and down the canal playing Glory Glory?!? Will do!

I do have some Tech friends and they're good people until the end of November.

Originally Posted by 314joey
OK, you're normal, but what about us, there's lots of good folks down here, I'm sure someone can get you guys out on a boat for a ride, I.C.U. if he's back at home, or we'd be glad to take ya out for a bit, just give a shout when it's time, there's FMO fun runs that time of year, maybe you'll get to go on one of those, they're real fun.
I'll have to look out for the FMO fun runs. We can always schedule a vacation around one of them.

Last edited by chris@uga; 07-09-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
So whats the area like around there?
Come down and stay with us this winter.
On a weekend of one of our runs.

Ill give you the tour bud.
It's great here.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Catastrophe
Come down and stay with us this winter.
On a weekend of one of our runs.

Ill give you the tour bud.
It's great here.
Let me know, whats going on after Sept?

Thanks Tim
Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Registered

Anyone down there do a lot of business travel? I can work from almost anywhere near a decent sized airport....how is it flying out of SW Florida Intl?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.