Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My WInter Project Finally Done - and a BIG KUDOS TO IMM BOAT LIFTS (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/299465-my-winter-project-finally-done-big-kudos-imm-boat-lifts.html)

seafordguy 07-09-2013 07:30 AM

My WInter Project Finally Done - and a BIG KUDOS TO IMM BOAT LIFTS

2 Attachment(s)
Spent the winter tearing out my old pier, dredging, putting in a new pier/boat lift.

I want to thanks CommanderSander on here (the guy who has an avatar with a guys head up his butt) for turning me on to Mike Nanda of IMM boat lifts. Mike built me a true work of art as a boat lift. 20k capacity vertical elevator that I truly felt guilty putting in the water it was so nice. I wanted it to stay garage kept.......

Started by dredging the Canal under where the boat lift would be going. I had plenty of water before, but wanted to make sure that if it shoaled in any over the next 2 decades that I didn't have to worry about it. I had posted these pictures earlier, but figured I'd repost. Hertz rented this thing to me basically no questions asked. Long Reach, 68k lbs dropped off in my driveway!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504063[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504064[/ATTACH]

seafordguy 07-09-2013 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]504065[/ATTACH]Next Step was building stringers, etc.... This part sucked wrestling those 16 foot rough cut 2.5CCA stringers around, but it got done. Some of the closer pilings I had to install with my Backhoe.

seafordguy 07-09-2013 07:39 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Then the lift finally arrived. 20k lbs, vertical, and I even had him extend the cradle arms just in case a CAT ever showed up at my door. Enclosed Gear drive motors, Tigershark remote with isolator in it, remote control, 4 pole disconnect etc......

This thing was incredible - welded and bolted. If you take a look at the one picture of the cradles you'll see that he takes a piece of 1in aluminum and routes it out to create the cross brace for the 90* angle on the cradle.

(there are 2 lifts in the picture - my father lives in the house next door so he ordered a 13,500 lb one for his Wellcraft Coastal 270

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504069[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504066[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504067[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504068[/ATTACH]

joew. 07-09-2013 07:43 AM

Awesome!

seafordguy 07-09-2013 07:43 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Had a local guy with a barge and excavator come over and get them installed for me. He was confused at first since there just aren't any of these around, but we got it worked out!

Since it was so much weight cantallievered out over the water I Had 3 14inch pilings driven for each beam and then tied together. Since this was rather unsightly I built surrounds around them and housed all the electronics, water, shower, etc.... in the housings. That's what the big "pillars" are.

Used TREX board for everything with a dark color as perimeter boards and a lighter color inlaid on the pier. Also went with the Trex lighting which is pretty cool. It's completely flush and on a dimmer/remote control. (I will admit though I committed to going with the TREX before I had really done the math on the cost of that stuff!!).

Since I was worried the TREX might be hot on my little guys feet I installed some flush mounted sprinkler heads in the pier that I put on a remote control so you can mist the pier to cool it down. I thought this was a pretty trick idea but most people have called it dainty!!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504070[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504071[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504072[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504073[/ATTACH]

seafordguy 07-09-2013 07:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally, since this project destroyed my yard (a 68k lb excavator will do that) I installed a sprinkler system and sodded with a nice Patriot Bermuda. I will say - the Sodding was harder work than I thought it was going to be. 2 days of lifting those water logged sod sections and laying them on the ground was harder on the back than I woudl have thought.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504076[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]504074[/ATTACH]

jbraun2828 07-09-2013 08:35 AM

Looks great. I built a deck last year with trek and used stainless cables for railing. Like you the math didn't hit me until the end lol. Do you know a ballpark price on say a 12k lift? I really like the idea of a elevator off to the side

seafordguy 07-09-2013 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by jbraun2828 (Post 3955722)
Looks great. I built a deck last year with trek and used stainless cables for railing. Like you the math didn't hit me until the end lol. Do you know a ballpark price on say a 12k lift? I really like the idea of a elevator off to the side

Give him a call and ask. I had some of the florida guys on here swing by and take pictures of some of his competitors and needless to say i thought this was the nicest and i wasnt dissapointed!!! I really like the elevator since you can just slide on/off from the side. VERY easy to use.

Lally221 07-09-2013 10:40 AM

that is an awesome set up. Appreciate you sharing the pictures and story. Just finished my backyard dock and hoping to have posts put in for the lift very soon. I went with a 20K 4 post cradle, really jealous - that is one nice looking elevator set up.

jvcobra 07-10-2013 12:05 PM

Very nice lift with nice machining! How heavy is that boat that you needed 20k?