Lake Cumberland Wes-a-Palooza

Notices

Lake Cumberland Wes-a-Palooza

Old 07-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lake Cumberland Wes-a-Palooza

OSO brothers and sisters,

Join us for the first annual “Wes-a-Palooza” Saturday July 20th at the State Dock on Lake Cumberland. This event will feature live music from a floating stage directly behind the State Dock Resort. There will be several bands playing from 1:00 – 5:00 pm and a hospitality dinner at 7:00 pm.

The purpose of this event is to raise money for “Team Wesley” and the Jamestown, Ky. Dive and Rescue Team. “Team Wesley” was established after the tragic death of our dear friends 17 year old son, Wesley Watkins. Wesley tragically drown four years ago on Lake Cumberland. At that time, there were no quick response rescue resources available in the area. In memory of Wesley, late 2009 a fund was started to develop a water rescue team as well as promote safety in general. Today the Jamestown Dive and Rescue Team has rescue equipment and nine trained deep water divers to ensure every effort is made to save lives.

More information on the Jamestown Dive Rescue Team can be found at www.jamestowndiverescueteam.com
Attached Thumbnails Lake Cumberland Wes-a-Palooza-wesapalooza.jpg  
Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Wesley, Team Wesley, Team Wesley!

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited

Join us for the first annual “Wes-a-Palooza” Saturday July 20th at the State Dock on Lake Cumberland. This event will feature live music from a floating stage directly behind the State Dock Resort. There will be several bands playing from 1:00 – 5:00 pm and a hospitality dinner at 7:00 pm.

The purpose of this event is to raise money for “Team Wesley” and the Jamestown, Ky. Dive and Rescue Team. “Team Wesley” was established after the tragic death of our dear friends 17 year old son, Wesley Watkins. Wesley tragically drown four years ago on Lake Cumberland. At that time, there were no quick response rescue resources available in the area. In memory of Wesley, late 2009 a fund was started to develop a water rescue team as well as promote safety in general. Today the Jamestown Dive and Rescue Team has rescue equipment and nine trained deep water divers to ensure every effort is made to save lives.

More information on the Jamestown Dive Rescue Team can be found at www.jamestowndiverescueteam.com
I think we are going to rival the crowd of a major poker run. I can't believe the social media this event has been getting. It seems like EVERYONE is going to be there. Good Times!
Old 07-11-2013, 12:15 PM
Registered

Bringing a large crew and have already thrown the gauntlet down by challenging my crisp Ben Franklin that I am throwing in the pot. In addition I will be buying a lot of other goods. It is for a great cause for great people. Thanks Gary for posting this here.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM
Registered

If you're a BOATER on Lake Cumberland, all should attend this event!

Best Regards

Originally Posted by 39 Unlimited

Old 07-11-2013, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Islander_212
Bringing a large crew and have already thrown the gauntlet down by challenging my crisp Ben Franklin that I am throwing in the pot. In addition I will be buying a lot of other goods. It is for a great cause for great people. Thanks Gary for posting this here.
Should be a good time and a good cause. See ya there Islander
Old 07-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Registered

I'm in! Looking forward to it!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:46 PM
Registered

A must attend for a great cause!
Old 07-12-2013, 04:34 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Great idea. Hope to be there!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:39 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Great news! I will be there. Everyone show up & support this great cause. We all benefit from it so get ur wallets out!
Old 07-15-2013, 11:07 PM
Registered

Just a reminder about the event. The band equipment is loaded up and awaiting the movement of the party barge to the island. Only a slight chance of rain on Saturday, regardless we'll be there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.