Photographer Jay Nichols Injured During Boyne Thunder Poker Run >

Photographer Jay Nichols Injured During Boyne Thunder Poker Run

Notices

Photographer Jay Nichols Injured During Boyne Thunder Poker Run

Old 07-15-2013, 12:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Jayboat update at Monday morning: I am back in CAN now and was unable to see Jay today but spoke with him on the phone. He definitely sounded more alert and with it, than yesterday. He says the area of his back is tender which is understandable and pain is being managed. He is third in line for surgery tomorrow ( Tuesday ). Doc saw him again this morning and said the break was clean across the vertebrae and now says will require 2 rods and 6 screws. Ouch ! His spirits are good tho and he is looking forward to getting this behind him. He hopes to be discharged still on Wednesday. Lori Lemanske will go up to Petosky and bring Jay back to their home until we can get him on a plane back to Florida. He will be in good hands. Get better Jay, we are all pulling for you!

Bob
Old 07-15-2013, 03:06 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Caught up with Jay via phone today as well. He was a little bummed because the hospital was running on generator power—some kind of electrical failure—and the AC wasn't working, but beyond that he was in good spirits and ready for tomorrow's operation. As you'd expect, he really wants to get home.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Caught up with Jay via phone today as well. He was a little bummed because the hospital was running on generator power—some kind of electrical failure—and the AC wasn't working, but beyond that he was in good spirits and ready for tomorrow's operation. As you'd expect, he really wants to get home.
Oh Matt, when I stopped in 2 C him it was stink'n hot in there & a hospital person did bring in a brand new fan 2 help!!!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Hope you're feeling better soon Jay! And as for that cruiser wake, I'm wondering if it's the same one that got My Way last year. Hmmm.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good luck jay- get well soon buddy
Old 07-15-2013, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As Jay is self employed, he may be out of the game for a bit. He has given us all great images to look at and drool over. I have never met the man but I can tell you I will be going to the web site to make a purchase. I would encourage each and every one of you to do the same, just buy a pic that makes you smile....It is for the greater good.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mallatt442
As Jay is self employed, he may be out of the game for a bit. He has given us all great images to look at and drool over. I have never met the man but I can tell you I will be going to the web site to make a purchase. I would encourage each and every one of you to do the same, just buy a pic that makes you smile....It is for the greater good.
That is an excellent idea and very thoughtful of you. I hope people will do just that. As a result of this accident Jay will be faced with expenses that he can never come close to paying let alone his cost of living. His prices are very reasonable and he puts out an excellent product.
Here is a link to Jay's Naples Image website: http://naplesimage.wordpress.com

Thank you,

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 07-15-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just read the news; hang in there Jay, wishing you a full recovery and hope you can make the Shootout...will have the Oreos and B&B ready!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I am happy to report that Jay's surgery went well and he is back in his ICU room but heavily sedated. I will not be able to speak to him directly until tomorrow but am told that it went well and was pretty much a textbook surgery. So that is great news and now he will need time to convalesce. He will probably be discharged by Thursday but doubt he can go far just yet. We will know more on that and how he is recuperating as the next few days pass. I will post his progress as we learn more.
Thank you all for your expressions of sympathy and concern for Jay.

Bob
Old 07-17-2013, 07:25 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's great that everything went well, maybe in a week or two we can run down and check on him and see if he needs anything, he's a great guy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.