Notices

Okoboji Lake, Iowa

Old 07-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Okoboji Lake, Iowa

In Iowa, working on a farm in Algona.....going up to Okoboji lake tomorrow sometime, anyone with a go-fast there? Never been to the lake before.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to iowa... I'd love to hit that lake but sadly i have the motor hangin from a hoist at this moment. oddly enough I'm from central NY... not sure why so many NYer's end up in iowa... Thats a good area to have fun in. I live in central iowa now down by des moines. other than boating and fishing... not much else to do here in iowa. So have fun.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Registered

Job opportunities for younger people perhaps? ie. farm work etc? And thankyou, I think I will enjoy the lake
Old 07-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Its a pretty small lake....actually 3 lakes and 2 are connected by canal. I have not been there in over 10 years.
Back then I had a hard time even getting a slip big enough for my 24 Outlaw. Everything is pricey for what you actually get.
Its about 3.5 hrs to Boji and 6hrs to LOTO.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother lives there on east lake, there are some go fast boats up there but the water cops are out also. I took Party Gras up there a couple of yrs ago & had fun. If you meet the triplets, Huey, Dewey, & Lewey tell them hi for me. I did not get bothered with my open exhaust but I didn't get stupid either unlike the jetski's. Randy
Old 07-27-2013, 07:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
Its a pretty small lake....actually 3 lakes and 2 are connected by canal. I have not been there in over 10 years.
Back then I had a hard time even getting a slip big enough for my 24 Outlaw. Everything is pricey for what you actually get.
Its about 3.5 hrs to Boji and 6hrs to LOTO.
I am going to LOTO the week after this coming one, I will defenitly find more action up there Will still be nice to see what Okoboji's all about though
Old 07-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Hey Sam,
Check out www.umpba.org

I went out to jewel. 2 years to see the guys run and had a great time! Yes, I know there not offshores but, I love small drag boats just as well. There is nothing like the sound of dry over the transom headers! I suggest you try checking out one of their venues. I bet you will get hooked!
Jr.