Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
is a 1984 Midnight Express 30 an aranow hull? >

is a 1984 Midnight Express 30 an aranow hull?

Notices

is a 1984 Midnight Express 30 an aranow hull?

Old 07-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default is a 1984 Midnight Express 30 an aranow hull?

https://www.boats.com/boat-details/M...s-30/146675081

i thought someone said this is built on an aranow hull. thx for any info, rm
Old 07-27-2013, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Having Painted almost every Midnight that Bing ever made I'd say that isn't one, That looks more like a 28' Cig. I don't know of a full center console 30' midnight ( I thought their small boats where 32's) But I could be wrong (Just ask my wife )
Old 07-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Registered

who is bing?
Old 07-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Registered

Bing Owned Midnight Express, Then Marine Machine.....
Old 07-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
Bing Owned Midnight Express, Then Marine Machine.....
did they have a deal with aranow to use his hull designs? thx, rm
Old 07-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Registered

Back then everybody splashed everybody else's boats with minimum changes, I'm sure both the small & large Midnights where a derivative of an Aronow design at some point. I believe Bing worked at Magnum with Don (or one of the others on that street) Brownie would know...
Old 07-28-2013, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That IS the 30' Midnight. Those molds became the "Saltwater 30" and they had a huge contract with the Florida Marine Patrol in the 80's. I bought one at auction in 91. A great running boat. There was an identical one at Lake X for many years with a single 800 SC and a SSM 3 drive that was used for testing.

The Aronow hull you are referring to is the 32' Mold from the sport deck - a stretched 27 Magnum. The 32' molds ware loaned by Bing to David Aronow to make the 32' Aronow open that was laid out just like the 28 Cigarette open. Those molds were sent over to Mark McMannus at Apache some time ago and are still there I believe. One of the best built 32's was built for Richie Powers and was for sale there for many years.

As far as the origin of the 30, I'm pretty sure it came from Ralph Barca's 31 Eagle lineage.

32' Midnight ' Aronow Sport deck: http://apachepowerboats.com/brokerag...age=1&srt=make

Fast Donzi. Bing was the President of Cigarette when he started Midnight Express. The first boat was a 37' that was splashed from a surplus Cigarette 36' hull - a boat that was snuck out of Cig / 188 street in the middle of the night - Midnight Express Style - and ended up at the shop in Opalocka, the same block that later housed Marine Machine - Bing with Partner Pedro.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty sure that boat is sold, I saw a thread on another site about someone re-doing that boat
Old 07-28-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pete280
pretty sure that boat is sold, I saw a thread on another site about someone re-doing that boat
i will call on it in the am, but thx for the heads up...

im looking for a cc that will have a really nice ride, that is why im looking at aranow designed stuff. i love cigs and i know it will handle big water and offer a comfortable ride. i have some back issues and want the ride to be a nice as possible for our hotel guest that i run to and from the mainland... thx, rm
Old 07-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
That IS the 30' Midnight. Those molds became the "Saltwater 30" and they had a huge contract with the Florida Marine Patrol in the 80's. I bought one at auction in 91. A great running boat. There was an identical one at Lake X for many years with a single 800 SC and a SSM 3 drive that was used for testing.

The Aronow hull you are referring to is the 32' Mold from the sport deck - a stretched 27 Magnum. The 32' molds ware loaned by Bing to David Aronow to make the 32' Aronow open that was laid out just like the 28 Cigarette open. Those molds were sent over to Mark McMannus at Apache some time ago and are still there I believe. One of the best built 32's was built for Richie Powers and was for sale there for many years.

As far as the origin of the 30, I'm pretty sure it came from Ralph Barca's 31 Eagle lineage.

32' Midnight ' Aronow Sport deck: http://apachepowerboats.com/brokerag...age=1&srt=make

Fast Donzi. Bing was the President of Cigarette when he started Midnight Express. The first boat was a 37' that was splashed from a surplus Cigarette 36' hull - a boat that was snuck out of Cig / 188 street in the middle of the night - Midnight Express Style - and ended up at the shop in Opalocka, the same block that later housed Marine Machine - Bing with Partner Pedro.
AMAZING! I love to read threads like this. I love to here it straight from the guys that where actually there! I like to know where we came from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.