Who sells the good hull cleaner?

Notices

Who sells the good hull cleaner?

Old 08-15-2002, 11:11 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.gone

I use the works tub and shower cleaner for my tips and mufflers. Spray it on and hose it off after 30 seconds. Sometimes I have to do it twice.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:30 AM
Charter Member #943

I use Zing hull cleaner! The product has been around since 1948 or so. It is the best cleaner I have ever used. Squirt or brush it on and discoloration is gone, no rubbing. Down side is that it is acid based (BUT IT WILL NOT HARM THE FIBERGLASS) it will remove the wax. I have used this product several times and can tell you it works. I can only find it in the mid-West, I have not found a source on the East Coast yet.

It is great for the discoloration but can anyone recommend a cleaner that will remove the tougher stuff that we get from the bay? And how do you remove those dam barnacles.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:11 AM
Registered

Thrillseeker: Please email me. As I have offered before, I will refund your (or anyone's) purchase price if you feel that the product does not live up to your expectations or what you have read here.

Thanks to all those OSO members for your interests and purchases!!! Since I only advertise via word of mouth I truly appreciate your comments! The response has been overwhelming at times but I have ordered more to meet the demand.

If you are interested in purchasing some please email me at:
[email protected] and I will get you yours too.

Last edited by Vyper340; 08-16-2002 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-16-2002, 10:20 AM
Charter Member #943

Originally posted by Vyper340
Thrillseeker: Please email me. As I have offered before, I will refund your (or anyone's) purchase price if you feel that the product does not live up to your expectations or what you have read here.
Vyper340, will this stuff remove more then stains?
Old 08-16-2002, 11:57 AM
Registered

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean, will it remove paint or stain sterndrives, etc.; the answer is no it will NOT that I am aware of. I have used it on my transom and rubbed it on the painted portions of my boat and have found no problems.

The best way that I can explain how this works is that the gel clings to the surfaces that it is applied to. It works its way into the microscopic pores of the gel coat to get at the stains that the other cleaners have a hard time getting at without a lot of scrubing. That is why I have found it not to take of wax because the pores are there and the wax is not covering them if it is stained.

Hope that helps...
Old 08-16-2002, 12:36 PM
Charter Member #943

Originally posted by Vyper340
I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean, will it remove paint or stain sterndrives, etc.; the answer is no it will NOT that I am aware of. I have used it on my transom and rubbed it on the painted portions of my boat and have found no problems.

The best way that I can explain how this works is that the gel clings to the surfaces that it is applied to. It works its way into the microscopic pores of the gel coat to get at the stains that the other cleaners have a hard time getting at without a lot of scrubing. That is why I have found it not to take of wax because the pores are there and the wax is not covering them if it is stained.

Hope that helps...
ok Lets say you left your boat in the bay for 3 weeks without the bottom painted, will this stuff clean off the bottom to include the barnacles. Thanks for the info
Old 08-16-2002, 03:19 PM
Registered

It would remove stains but not growth like barnacles I suspect. I have never tried it on that since my boat is dry stored and does not spend more than a night or two in the water.

It is primarily a stain remover that you would use just like ON/OFF or any other hull cleaner except this is the easiest and least corrosive of those examples. It is also a great rust stain and smudge remover in those hard to get spots.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:51 PM
Registered

TTT
Old 06-18-2003, 06:04 AM
Registered

Biokleen also makes a gentle hull cleaner that works really well. It doesn't generate fumes and it doesn't destroy your gelcoat. It doesn't contain muratic acid and is a spray on gel that when left on the hull for 10 minutes or so rinses off and removes yellowing, scumline, algae, etc. Their oxidation remover will take off the chalking and scaling from your lower unit in a spray on and wipe off application.
http://www.biokleen.com/marine.cfm