Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Water balloon launchers? Good or bad? >

Water balloon launchers? Good or bad?

Notices
View Poll Results: Water balloon launchers - your thoughts?
Too dangerous, don't want one on my boat
43.48%
They're just a toy, don't woory too much
4.35%
They're okay as long as all parties involved are in agreement
43.48%
Who the hell cares, this is a stupid post!
8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Water balloon launchers? Good or bad?

Old 08-02-2002, 07:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got bombarded two years ago from shore while watching the fireworks. Then they started launching plastic bottles filled with water! I called the police and they got a reaming my them and lost the launcher. My boat was hit 5 or 6 times by the baloons but none with the bottles - Lucky for them - Idiots
Old 08-02-2002, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Troutly,

I remember that shot. I though you did a pretty good job keeping your cool on that one. Better then I would have.

Funny thing though, those guys next to us retaliated and ended up hitting one of them in the head. (the guy G-Force mentioned) They didn't take too kindly to that. Started it and couldn't take it.

But everyone is right, just asking for trouble in the wrong situation. Keep it between buds IMO.

Buck
Old 08-02-2002, 11:02 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

alot of people dont understand the forces those things have. because of the simple physics of gravity they cary almost the same velocity when they hit as when they were launched. only scrub alittle speed to friction. getting hit by one at a distance is not much different than if you were standing right in front of it. at 76 falls in cumberland a few years ago another house boat fired on us, i had a "talk" with them immediatlly an lets just say we were no longer in any danger . . i like to have fun as much as anyone but there are to many idiots out there for those to be avaliable. the worst part is these idiots never see an accedent coming. . . .man did i just go on a rant or what.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:42 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

I hate 'em. My boat was hit by some jerk-offs at SML a few weeks ago. It was not cool. If I would have had the time to go back, I would have lopped that baby into a few pieces.
Old 08-03-2002, 01:35 AM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow I HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some time ago, two guys and a girl had the group of boats we were tied up to locked in on their sites. One after another we were getting bombarded... first couple were missing and then all of a sudden we were done in... two females were hit and the boats were getting pummeled... including ours.
They just kept coming too... well after the deck of our boat had been hit once and two had landed inside the boat; I decided it had been enough... so I borrowed a knife from a certain board member and a buddy and I swam over to check their anchor for them... (If you know what I mean... ) IT WAS CLASSIC TO SAY THE LEAST!!!

Last edited by Tbonepmp; 08-03-2002 at 01:37 AM.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

i hate those F'n things!!!!!!!

two years ago at LOTO, a young girl on a boat a few down from me, had to be taken to the ER for a broken jaw after she caught a line drive water balloon in the face. the water patrol was contacted and there were arrests made. it was very sad to see this young girl get hit.

last year, the girls on my boat became victims of some F'n mullet-wearing, sack of monkey nuts on a damn pontoon boat. they were no more than 100 yds away, shooting line-drives towards our group of boats. the damage was escalating quickly. a broken port window in my buddy's cruiser, a smashed cell phone. as soon as one of the girls in the group got hit, i along with 4 other of my lunatic friends began the swim over to the other boat. the whole time we were swimming over there, the people on the pontoon boat were trying to untie. the whole line of boats were cheering for us to do our own damage. as we boarded the pontoon boat, it got pretty nasty from then on. after taking the water balloon launcher and then bouncing a few heads together, my buddy begins to throw everything on the boat into the water (coolers, bags, shoes, clothes, etc.) it was one of the funniest things i have ever seen!!!!
Old 08-03-2002, 10:47 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one It can shot over 1000 ft , You can have some great fun with it
Old 08-03-2002, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Bad news, we got slammed at Canal Day
in MD, they hurt!! And, they are enviormently
incorrect. The fish eat the balloons. No good!!
Old 08-05-2002, 10:10 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 927 Likes on 466 Posts
Thumbs down

first time at LOTO about 5 yrs ago i saw a baloon fight go down. It would have been fine till one party started doing the b-line drives at the others! One baloon veered off target and smashed a window in a cruiser! The owner blew a fuse!!! He said had the guys even bother to come over and appologize it would have been ok. But no one even bothered to wave and gesture an "I'm sorry"
So he leaves and come back with the cops. three guys get put in cuffs and taken away!

Now i'm all about having fun but come one people! Who in their right minds would think that it would be fun or funny to slam what is baisicly a snowball flying like a fastpitch baseball at someones face!?!?!? If that ever happened to one of my friends the chit would deffinetly hit the fan!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-05-2002, 12:51 PM
turbo2256

A couple shots isnt to bad but most of the time it seems they dont know when to quit. Mostly I frear for my camera and such gear as might be damaged by water. Another is contaminating drinks with lake water etc. This last weekend my friend and girls
on his deck boat were under constant attack. He finally had enough. His buddy jumped out turned the stern towards the offending party started the engine and blasted them with a shot from his jet drive

Quick Reply: Water balloon launchers? Good or bad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.