Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Water balloon launchers? Good or bad? >

Water balloon launchers? Good or bad?

Notices
View Poll Results: Water balloon launchers - your thoughts?
Too dangerous, don't want one on my boat
43.48%
They're just a toy, don't woory too much
4.35%
They're okay as long as all parties involved are in agreement
43.48%
Who the hell cares, this is a stupid post!
8.70%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Water balloon launchers? Good or bad?

Old 08-05-2002, 04:28 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Former offender...

I still have one, but haven't used it in a few years. I had it mainly for self-defense, and also for entertainment at the houseboat parties that we used to throw. We used to use it to launch some of the biodegradeable food leftovers into the woods for the local wildlife. Ever seen a banana peel itself in midair? Grapes are interesting when they hit the water after being launched straight up - sounds like a machine gun hitting the water. However, I do respect the power that they have - I do not shoot anything at people or boats!
Old 08-05-2002, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one of these years ago. They are great fun but you should not target people. I shot one full pull at a new cedar fence at about 40 yards. It completely broke two boards with one shot.

Ron
Old 08-05-2002, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I hate them!! They get way out of control!! Just this last sunday I had to leave the lake and go to work, when I returned I saw one on MY Boat! Shooting Balloons at my buddy that was nice enough to take me to where my buddies were with my boat. Needless to say I asked them to get rid of it when I got aboard!

I've seen Pontoons dented by balloon's at over 100ft!
Old 08-05-2002, 05:53 PM
MIdnightRider

On the 4th this year a guy planted one on my Gaffrigs from ten boats over. The fun ended when I went over and began chocking him and asking how funny it was. Thanks to my Meathead Pocket Change for fending off his ten friends from killing me after that. Midnight

You can mess with a man's girl, but don't touch his dog, his tools, or his boat!

Old 08-05-2002, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one and enjoy using it. I have never fired it torwards any one though, or even a boat. I also have a really badazz Potato Cannon. However haven't used either in at least two years, just too much liability. People are sue happy as it is, with out giving them an excuse.

WILL
Old 08-05-2002, 11:12 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got hit in the ankle by one 3 yrs ago. Left a bruise and limped for 2 days. Didn't even see it coming. Innocent bystander. Seems that most of the shooters are always on rented houseboats. Guess they don't worry about any damage inflicted, or recieved.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 138 Likes on 83 Posts

G-force

you should've made like your avatar and kicked somebody's head completely off their body. woulda served them right.

I just got back from Lake Cumberland and I made the mistake of taking the family to see 76 Falls on Saturday. Several rental houseboats shooting balloons, lots of water cannons (which I thought were okay and felt good in the heat, but were still strong enough to probably hurt your ears if you took a stream wrong). The whole atmosphere was over the top.

Wife and friend got ran into the cabin cause the bullhorn guys wouldn't shut up about them flashing their tits even though there were 2 kids under 12 very visible in my boat. Like I said earlier, I picked the wrong day. We had to turn tail and leave.

Did take the family back Sunday afternoon and it was all nice and peaceful with only 20 or so boats enjoying things in a normal manner.

The balloons and water cannons are just dangerous. The water cannons are cool if you get water FALLING on you, but not blasted straight into the side of your head. Balloons - those are just projectiles. Keep those in a field and have a war with them - not on the lake.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:49 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I figure it is all good as long as everyone being shot at is involved. However I would be pissed if something like what you are talking about happend. I think that so many assume that if you are in the cove you are fair game. That is just plain wrong.

Jon
Old 08-06-2002, 11:09 AM
Team Gary

I use to have a yellow Eliminator, and a mobile home on the Parker strip.(AZ) It was like I had a big target painted on the side of my boat. I hate the dam things, and the jerk-offs that use them.

Old 08-06-2002, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Water Balloon Launchers

My wife was hit right between the eyes with one. She wears glasses so it cut her nose and gave her a black eye.

Last edited by hot water; 08-06-2002 at 11:17 AM.