Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats

Old 08-12-2013, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by goatskin
Are you sure?

When were the international rules and standards changed for measurement?

LOA and LOW have never been part of the measurement of a boat. Unless it has changed, it is still keel parallel to the ground, and steel-tape measured between two plumb bobs at the end-point of the nose (not anchor winch or lights) to the most outward point of the transom, and bustles don't (didn't?) count, and IIRC, there is even a scheme for finding the transom if it is shrouded by a bustle or swim platform.
That's just like a bunch of guys talking about how long their dicks are but none of them say where they measure from.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to see all the back and forth about Fountains. I am a new 38 Lightning owner and love my boat. From what I have been reading here you ether have one or you don't have one and want one. What really makes it cool is I own one of the boats that everybody seems to compare to. That says enough to me.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 682gold
Glad to see all the back and forth about Fountains. I am a new 38 Lightning owner and love my boat. From what I have been reading here you ether have one or you don't have one and want one. What really makes it cool is I own one of the boats that everybody seems to compare to. That says enough to me.
Don't kid yourself. I don't own one, never wanted to own one, never will own one. I also don't compare it to mine. Not saying there is anything wrong with them though.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Registered

I have never been on another boat that rode better than mine....
Old 08-12-2013, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Interceptor
That's just like a bunch of guys talking about how long their dicks are but none of them say where they measure from.
I usually just pull my pants down during these convos...no one is ever impressed though

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Don't kid yourself. I don't own one, never wanted to own one, never will own one. I also don't compare it to mine. Not saying there is anything wrong with them though.
Thank you for not comparing a powerplay to a fountain.... I never understood why they named them Powerplay, because in hockey it's the opponent that has the disadvantage of being in a powerplay, in boats, the disadvantage is literally everyone that is in/owns a powerplay....
Old 08-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

I think it is fabulous that people still are in a stink about old Reggie. You know what that means

John jr
Old 08-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Registered

I think most people in the performance boating world know Reggie and the Fountain boat company are separate and have been for a while. The first time boat buyer may have trouble discerning the two if he hasn't done his homework, so I think it is better to put it out there. Take in to account unscrupulous boat salesmen throwing Reggies name around when trying to sell a boat ( hate to say it happens, but I know it does) and it may get confusing .......
Old 08-13-2013, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keegan
I usually just pull my pants down during these convos...no one is ever impressed though

Thank you for not comparing a powerplay to a fountain.... I never understood why they named them Powerplay, because in hockey it's the opponent that has the disadvantage of being in a powerplay, in boats, the disadvantage is literally everyone that is in/owns a powerplay....

LOL. Too funny! Typical cheerleader... Can any of you guys partake in a thread without trying to bash or put down other boats? Or does it help make you feel superior?

Clearly you have as much knowledge about hockey as you do boats. The team on the powerplay has the advantage.

Last edited by POWERPLAY J; 08-13-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:37 AM
Registered

xx

Last edited by Flyin-Bryan; 08-13-2013 at 06:43 AM. Reason: double
Old 08-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
LOL. Too funny! Typical cheerleader... Can any of you guys partake in a thread without trying to bash or put down other boats? Or does it help make you feel superior?

Clearly you have as much knowledge about hockey as you do boats. The team on the powerplay has the advantage.
No,parking My Fountain next to a Powerplay makes Me feel superior,j/k,and clearly with you having over 4,000 posts You have no problem making posts but have trouble comprehending what others postTry reading what KEEGAN said again slowly.......Looking forward to seeing Your boat when its finished any updates?

Last edited by Flyin-Bryan; 08-13-2013 at 06:42 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.