Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats >

Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats

Old 08-06-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
REGGIE FOUNTAIN DOES NOT ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND ANY FOUNTAIN POWERBOATS THAT WERE MANUFACTURED AFTER HIS DEPARTURE IN 2010
Not sure about you, but I sure will be able to sleep better at night after knowing this.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I don't think its as much hate as satire. He has been very outspoken and portrays a deffinite uniqueness. He has put himself out there as a celbrity of sorts in the boating world. The man is rather accomplished in the boating world and has earned his share of the spotlight. It his his own uniqueness and strive for the limelight that has opened him up for satire. He has tended to go over the top with things, thus he has created the charachature (sic) of a successfull boat racer and builder. Any public figure opens themselves up to satire, its part of the game of fame. I have met him, I have talked to him, the indication I got from him isd that he see's the humor in most of it.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Registered

Was there ever even a Fountain built after 2010?!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Good disclaimer. For some reason people on this board hate a man who does nothing but love boats and fast boats at that.

From everything I've heard Mr. Fountain is a nice person who just loves boats. Never heard a bad word from anyone who has met the guy. Why the hate?
its that J word.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by I.C.U.Lookin
Good disclaimer. For some reason people on this board hate a man who does nothing but love boats and fast boats at that.

From everything I've heard Mr. Fountain is a nice person who just loves boats. Never heard a bad word from anyone who has met the guy. Why the hate?
Because being passed hits you right in the testosterone, so its easier to hate then it is to try to catch the man.

I will always have respect for Reggie and the real Fountain, and did before I was an owner. I know quite a few people that have switched brands for more cabin but still wear the gear and even fly the flag.

We all seem to hate on other brands and owners, but this one is the easiest because the man's name is on the boat, and he was every where. Besides Don himself, name a bigger celebrity in this sport? I sometimes wonder if Don was not shot if he would get the same heat.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Remember When AMF Bought Harley Davidson??? Would you own one of those????? Same Deal, It's Not a True Fountain, Maybe the Hull is the Same, But the Heart that went into it isn't.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ajnoe3
"REGGIE FOUNTAIN DOES NOT ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND ANY FOUNTAIN POWERBOATS THAT WERE MANUFACTURED AFTER HIS DEPARTURE IN 2010."

-For any good reason? If the boat is a fountain hull and well made it's still a good boat and a Fountain. I find these statements immature and petty. No matter how good you are at building boats you still have to be able to run a company. I've never heard a bad thing about Reggie as well and love Fountain boats but I'm not a fan of this post and if somehow you feel the new Fountain organization is confusing people clarify that in a more professional manner than a forum post.
You may not like the way that it was written, but keep in mind this statement came at the request of Fountain, not RFM. Careful what you wish for.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexasVines
please get back in the game Mr. Fountain you know you want to.....build a boat you are a man with a lot of energy and ability and you clearly do not want to walk away with things as they are now

PS 40 pages
He is in the game, he is making production boats custom boats. Doing to boats what the factory did not have time to do during full production. Finding speed without HP, improving handling, and laying down some sick paint and interior work....even on boats that were already supposedly "Tweaked" from the factory. Why build new boats and cater to 1 percent of the boating population with offerings near 1 million dollars?
Old 08-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Registered

Send them this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]505655[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats-proof-1.jpg  
Old 08-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ajnoe3
"REGGIE FOUNTAIN DOES NOT ENDORSE OR RECOMMEND ANY FOUNTAIN POWERBOATS THAT WERE MANUFACTURED AFTER HIS DEPARTURE IN 2010."

-For any good reason? If the boat is a fountain hull and well made it's still a good boat and a Fountain. I find these statements immature and petty. No matter how good you are at building boats you still have to be able to run a company. I've never heard a bad thing about Reggie as well and love Fountain boats but I'm not a fan of this post and if somehow you feel the new Fountain organization is confusing people clarify that in a more professional manner than a forum post.
What is not professional about his post? He didn't denigrate or condemn Fountain PB in any way. He didn't try to promote anything else. He simply made a statement he felt was necessary since the company still operates with his name and there is an implied relationship between the two. Considering there are plenty of people that do not realize Reggie separated from the company a few years ago, it seems prudent he make this statement.

One should not assume there is an underhanded motive or malicious intent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.