Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats >

Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Disclaimer by Reggie Fountain about Fountain Powerboats

Old 08-07-2013, 10:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He came, he saw, he conquered, and he went away.
Hope he is an honorable man, as stated by some.
Businesses are hard work and Boat busunesses are very hard work.

I do not understand all the quibbling, unless Fountain hurt any of the quibblers. He just made decisions based on the situations he created and was offered. Good or bad they are his decisions.

A boat builder once won a large lottery. He was asked what he would do now that he had won.
He replied, "I guess I will just keep building boats till all the money is gone".
Old 08-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Three Spandex companies have gone out of business since Reg stopped being the poster boy..........
Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love all the RF haters. I am guessing that if you all were in the same situation that you would back or stand behind something that held your orig name even if it was being built out of your control or sight ? Cool

John jr
Old 08-07-2013, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 3,010 Likes on 987 Posts

I'm not a RF hater. If I met the man I'd shake his hand and give him the respect he deserves for being one of the all-time great offshore identities and give the respect he's due for his accomplishments over the past 30 years.

With that said, I think his publicity tactics (arrogance -whether perceived or real) rubbed people the wrong way at times. Others just like to hate on successful people and kick them when they're down to make themselves feel better. It is what it is.

Last edited by thisistank; 08-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

You nailed it Tank.

Its the arrogance, whether embellished for marketing purposes or for real, that turns people off about Reggie. Fact is, the man earned the right to brag...perhaps not to the level he took it...but marketing is a STRONG tool...remember, its eliciting emotion that is the purpose of advertising...both positive AND negative.

I loved my Fountain, I've met Reggie and Wyatt a couple times, and they were genuine guys who were genuinely proud of their product.

I don't blame them a bit for this "disclaimer."
Old 08-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
You nailed it Tank.

Its the arrogance, whether embellished for marketing purposes or for real, that turns people off about Reggie. Fact is, the man earned the right to brag...perhaps not to the level he took it...but marketing is a STRONG tool...remember, its eliciting emotion that is the purpose of advertising...both positive AND negative.

I loved my Fountain, I've met Reggie and Wyatt a couple times, and they were genuine guys who were genuinely proud of their product.

I don't blame them a bit for this "disclaimer."
If only Sr. would of jumped on the popcorn trend...then he REALLY would of been on to something!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

The man dominated vhulls. Still holds speed record I think. Owned the race course. Why be humble? I'd be arrogant too.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Has there even been a "new Fountain" produced by the non Reggie people yet? It would be very unfair to automatically think it's a POS
Old 08-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
I'm not a RF hater. If I met the man I'd shake his hand and give him the respect he deserves for being one of the all-time great offshore identities and give the respect he's due for his accomplishments over the past 30 years.

With that said, I think his publicity tactics (arrogance -whether perceived or real) rubbed people the wrong way at times. Others just like to hate on successful people and kick them when they're down to make themselves feel better. It is what it is.
I actually met him in Galveston many years ago at a race, he was running Ohio Steel, (a boat I loved), was putting in the ramp next to me. Shook his hand and thanked him for extending the knowledge of offshore racing. This was way before the Cat Killer days (maybe '93). I respect his accomplishments, frown at his failures, but I will never consider him the king of offshore. So many others that can hold that title, including the Queen, Betty Cook.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

I love my Fountain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.