Notices

Got rid of my porpoise

Old 08-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Jay- great to hear from you hope you're on the road to recovery!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hay jay thanks and NASCat yes is same as race tunnel tab Kevlar and s glass
Old 08-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
NASCat yes is same as race tunnel tab Kevlar and s glass
Came out nice. Ultimately I believe it is the best solution in lieu of running small dia or round ear props just to create slip. Why not reap the benefits of the clever props & their efficiencies & address the porpoise w/ the tab! Glad it's all worked out!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
Came out nice. Ultimately I believe it is the best solution in lieu of running small dia or round ear props just to create slip. Why not reap the benefits of the clever props & their efficiencies & address the porpoise w/ the tab! Glad it's all worked out!
Why? Because there are some significant safely issues with tunnel tabs. I'm not saying they are bad, but they can be very dangerous...
Old 08-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Registered

So can exceeding 60mph in any boat but the captain has the ability to control the speed of the boat w/ the throttle based on the conditions no different than he can determine the proper setting for drives & tabs. IMO it's the responsibility of the boat owner to learn & understand how his boat operates in different conditions at various settings. There an OSO'er on here whose signature states "With Speed Comes Responsibility" & I agree b/c most accidents are operator error not mechanical.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't see it in the Pics (cause they're older) Did you/Can you Put an Indicator on it ? Not being a Race Boat I don't think you'll run it hard enough in the rough for it to be a problem. Sure you can Trip it over a cruiser wake, But you can trip it over a cruiser wake without the T-Tab Too.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

A freind who raced outboard cats made a fixed tab with a slight downward lip for his 30' cat and they raced several seasons with it with good results. With the tab being fixed there was no chance of accidentally bumping the tab down causing the cat to stuff. Good luck Jim and I know you will be safe.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i do have a indicator on it and also the donward motion is limited to only 6 degres incase of a down button malfuntion so we are covered there thanks for the concern guns dont kill people do like he said you got to know what your doing
Old 08-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

i do have a indicator on it and also the donward motion is limited to only 6 degres incase of a down button malfuntion so we are covered there thanks for the concern guns dont kill people do like he said you got to know what your doing
I should have known you and Peter would have a safety factor built in. Party on!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:12 AM
Registered

Smart addition to your install!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.