I won fastest 30' and under last weekend >

I won fastest 30' and under last weekend

Notices

I won fastest 30' and under last weekend

Old 08-10-2013, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I won fastest 30' and under last weekend

We ran the prop stop poker run last week and they had a shoot out to the first card stop or bridge at the half way point (unsure which it was). I'm not sure how many boats there were but I was told there where 150 entries and it looked like a lot of boats. The run was suppose to start behind the pace boat, but most of the boats took off so I followed once I figured out what was going on. We soon found ourselves in rough water trying to make our way to the front passing boats where we could. I was having an absolute blast doing it too!!! Long story short the run from the tickfaw river to Madisonville we started mid pack due to the starting screw up and got to Madisonville with a 42' fountain with 900's. We were the first two boats to the no wake zone. He was obviously faster than me (116-118 according to the owner), as he showed me a couple times making a run from our 88-92 mph speed that we ran across lake pontchartrain. I had 5 people in the boat and didn't want to run any faster than we were already going. I ran 4800-5000 across the whole lake and reserved my last 800 rpms for another day when we had less people in the boat. Either way the velocity did awesome and we were first/second to the card stop with the big fountain and it was awesome!!!!!!! The boat handled all the boat wake great as we made our way through the pack.

He are some pictures Craig from gcoffshore took. I think he was on a 35 fountain if I remember correctly.

Here's the start of the day when we were trying to find a spot that didn't put us in the mud.

Next two you can see a lot of boats in the back ground. It was really cool to watch the start. I wish someone from my boat would have video tape it because it was a cool site to see.

Making our way through to cleaner water.

Here's the end of the day with the fastest 30' and under trophy. It's no LOTO shoot out, but I was just as happy!! Don't mind the fact I look like a lobster. I wasn't that red. I think from the sun going down and the camera angle it made me look like I was on fire.

Ended the day with a great sun set ride back to the dock to load the boat up.

It was a great day and the velocity performed great! All that work over the winter and spring has paid off!!!

Last edited by cp5899; 08-10-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is awesome!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You put a ton of work into that motor, you deserve it!!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job glad you had fun and were safe it gets intense doesn't it
Old 08-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

very cool congrats
Old 08-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's awesome man !
Old 08-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Registered

Thanks. We had a lot of fun! Already thinking about looking for a 390 velocity. Pretty sick to think I just finished my boat....
Old 08-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I love seeing stuff like this! Keeping up with the "big boys" is a huge achievement overall and boost your ego for sure! Awesome aired out pics too! Looked like to some good driving too! A video would have been awesome as well! Congrats!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Registered

I would love to see a video!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats, One more example, why I've owned 3 VELOCITY'S and nothing else! We've been known over the years to keep up or out run MOST faster and much more expensive boats, many times. Love the way VELOCITY'S like to be run hard......... Good job. Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.