anyone buy a boat from national liquidators in fl >

anyone buy a boat from national liquidators in fl

Notices

anyone buy a boat from national liquidators in fl

Old 08-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default anyone buy a boat from national liquidators in fl

looking at a boat they will be putting up for auction shortly... thx for any input, rm
Old 08-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I did deal was fair no problems.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Search Rat, lots of threads. Id say most talk about problems related to unfair practices, off table bids, run arounds etc. The jist I got was that if you know somebody there and have an "in" your golden, if you don't.....
Old 08-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's been a while, but I bought a boat from them 12 years ago. Everything went fine and I new no one there.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We purchased a boat from there last year. Cash spoke. One thing I can tell you is that everyone there must be rich because they seemed like they were in no rush to sell the boat. Be aware of a 10% charge that they add to the selling price of the boat.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nat liq is a huge outfit with a diverse staff....and I'm being nice when say that.....

They try to be as forthright as possible...and I'm sure u got that from looking at the listing and description.

Understand, they receive the boat from a repo man at large. There is no consignment with disclosure from the owner.s. Not lizard lick, but a real repo firm (asset recovery) that took the file, found the vessel, then negotiated a reasonable release. I am more than familiar with the process, as I hold an R license. I also have released several vessels to nat liq via the recovery order. In the end, the history is a mystery.

They tell u what they know. What they know is limited by time, the debtor, and the repo agency.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:57 AM
Registered

I've bought many boats from National. Bob Toney was the only guy I would deal with but it's been a while. That "Minimum Bid" is BS. Offer what you are comfortable paying less 15%. They hire scores of new junior brokers who know absolutely nothing about the industry or the boats they are selling. Still, there are some good deals to be had. My last was a 55' Viking. The boat had minor issues, ALL were related to maintenance.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
I've bought many boats from National. Bob Toney was the only guy I would deal with but it's been a while. That "Minimum Bid" is BS. Offer what you are comfortable paying less 15%. They hire scores of new junior brokers who know absolutely nothing about the industry or the boats they are selling. Still, there are some good deals to be had. My last was a 55' Viking. The boat had minor issues, ALL were related to maintenance.
yeah that minimum bid crap, i was like wtf is that, i assume they are no reserve auctions correct? i will make an offer that makes it worth buying with all the unknowns...thx, rm

Last edited by ratman; 08-13-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Registered

It's not really an auction. When you find something you like shoot it to me and I'll look at it for you.

[email protected]

T
Old 08-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...tion-scam.html

There are some posts in that thread by people who have been around awhile as opposed to disgruntled one post wonders too....