Seconds from Disaster Miss Geico Vid >

Seconds from Disaster Miss Geico Vid

Notices

Seconds from Disaster Miss Geico Vid

Old 08-20-2013, 03:53 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The courses may look big when viewed through a GOPRO fisheye but when things are coming at you at speed you err on the side of caution if at all possible.. We put these video's up so you guys can get a closer look at the action. Thi clips are not necesarly in order but in this case I believe they are. Now take a close look and I'll give you even more details that will help you appreciate whats happening. Cintron had us by a boat leingth and had been pushing us around for 5-6 laps prior. It comes with the territory. Part of offshore racing strategy is a "late" turn if you look closely we get lined up and go for a pass. Cintron is still pointed towards spectators. The fast straight line up the course is the white wash from the boat ahead of us. We begin our turn (full throttle) and he "holds" us for just a second longer cause us to re set the turn and taking the majority of our passing momentum while we do get past him we have lost our punch. The following frames not shown is Cintron rocketing by us with command of the course.

Paul Storti asks if that was an "excuse for rubbing up on Cintron" ... Anyone who's watched Hugh Fuller or raced against him knows he eats the weak for breakfast. A couple of thoughts for you Paul... 1) yes, it is an excuse ...his boat is way too pretty and needs some yellow paint to brighten it up. 2) Closing the door is fine but pushing us into the spectators and Instigator at the speeds were were going is putting others lives at risk.Not necessary (a course marker is a whole different story). 3) If you allow it to continue you become someones b**ch on the course...and that ain't happening with Miss Geico....Push us...given the chance we will push back. Take it to the bank
Old 08-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grey Puopon at 180 mph ...
Old 08-20-2013, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

On the rearward facing camera, what is that shadow that's moving all around?
Old 08-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MissGeicoRacing
The courses may look big when viewed through a GOPRO fisheye but when things are coming at you at speed you err on the side of caution if at all possible.. We put these video's up so you guys can get a closer look at the action. Thi clips are not necesarly in order but in this case I believe they are. Now take a close look and I'll give you even more details that will help you appreciate whats happening. Cintron had us by a boat leingth and had been pushing us around for 5-6 laps prior. It comes with the territory. Part of offshore racing strategy is a "late" turn if you look closely we get lined up and go for a pass. Cintron is still pointed towards spectators. The fast straight line up the course is the white wash from the boat ahead of us. We begin our turn (full throttle) and he "holds" us for just a second longer cause us to re set the turn and taking the majority of our passing momentum while we do get past him we have lost our punch. The following frames not shown is Cintron rocketing by us with command of the course.

Paul Storti asks if that was an "excuse for rubbing up on Cintron" ... Anyone who's watched Hugh Fuller or raced against him knows he eats the weak for breakfast. A couple of thoughts for you Paul... 1) yes, it is an excuse ...his boat is way too pretty and needs some yellow paint to brighten it up. 2) Closing the door is fine but pushing us into the spectators and Instigator at the speeds were were going is putting others lives at risk.Not necessary (a course marker is a whole different story). 3) If you allow it to continue you become someones b**ch on the course...and that ain't happening with Miss Geico....Push us...given the chance we will push back. Take it to the bank
Well said and thanks again for the explanation. Your point number 2 goes back to what I am saying about needing the course to yourselves, poor Instigator he was like a puppy getting stepped on, imagine a Nascar race with a few odd cars here and there going 60mph slower...and I think a yellow stripe might suit Cintron nicely!
Old 08-20-2013, 09:44 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pstorti
Well said and thanks again for the explanation. Your point number 2 goes back to what I am saying about needing the course to yourselves, poor Instigator he was like a puppy getting stepped on, imagine a Nascar race with a few odd cars here and there going 60mph slower...and I think a yellow stripe might suit Cintron nicely!
Really!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i love the video but it looks like if something does not change,disaster is soon to happen!unless im looking at it wrong.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:03 AM
Registered

The video really isn't that bad or look that dangerous.... in fact Phil Lip****z gets a lot closer and will run you just on poker runs !!!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:17 AM
Registered

The video really isn't that bad or look that dangerous.... in fact Phil Lip****z gets a lot closer and will run you just on poker runs !!!

Last edited by tanner; 08-21-2013 at 03:18 AM. Reason: ditto
Old 08-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by waybomb
On the rearward facing camera, what is that shadow that's moving all around?
Th shadow is the comunications antenna. it is showing that there is quite a bit of movement that isn't really visible on camera. As scott mentioned we had some steering/gearbox issues that were dogging us pretty bad.

Disaster imminent.Mike T?.. maybe. The Unlimited Offshore class isn't for everyone. We train as best as we can for a mishap.

Maybe we need to get Phil to come play on the racecourse again? lol
Old 08-29-2013, 04:43 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Don't let your insurance company see that video.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.