Oh crap, another boat casualty. >

Oh crap, another boat casualty.

Notices

Oh crap, another boat casualty.

Old 08-04-2002, 08:40 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience. When you put them back on you need to redesign the transome mount. That is WAY to small of a mount for those tabs (I guess you know that now ). If you look how large they are on "normal" K-planes you will see what I am talking about. I hope you can fix the transome easy enough. From the looks of how you made them I would not be worried. Should only take you a couple afternoons and you will be fine, and fixed correctly!!! If you need any help I have learned a lot over the last few weeks about Glass work and would be happy to make any recommendations I can to you. Just get lots of Digital pictures and lets see what we can do. Since you got the boat out fast the wood will dry out in a couple of days.

Jon
Old 08-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jon, I think that corner of the transom must be bad because of the way the wood compressed on the inside. Ill be back from omaha friday and start on it then and taek some pictures. Unfortunatly I have to pull the stbd engine to get at it on the inside. Oh well, it could have been a lot worse.