Lake of the Ozarks Noise?? >

Lake of the Ozarks Noise??

Notices

Lake of the Ozarks Noise??

Old 08-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake of the Ozarks Noise??

Planning to make the trip for the shootout, (last minute), but was concerned about the WP with the noise limits? Does anybody know with a single 525efi with 5" tips, will they bother us? Was thinking about some turn downs if needed, but running out of time.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I have not been there, but i would imagine with the hardware this weekend, you will not be very loud compared to some of the others.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No noise tickets this week.

We might take off our mufflers.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
No noise tickets this week.

We might take off our mufflers.
Just for curiousity what is your source for this statement? I know you can get away with being a lot louder on Shoot Out Week but in the past that does not give you a free pass to make all the noise you want to.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

I was always to and from the shootout you are fine. Go bar hoping at night and that may be different.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your chance is about the same as all the other Gazells in the herd. Chances are unless you are up at 5am making hot laps in front of Porta Cima you will be OK, but you need to know that an unmuffled 525 won't be legal if you get tested.

Personall I wouldn't worry about it, just don't GIVE them a reason, no sitting on the sunpad while underway..yadda..yadda..

On Thursday through Sunday this week you're probably more likely to get struck by lightning.....
Old 08-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by E Dock DD
Just for curiousity what is your source for this statement? I know you can get away with being a lot louder on Shoot Out Week but in the past that does not give you a free pass to make all the noise you want to.
I think the rule has been for the week if you are REGISTERED for the event you get a pass while testing. The law actually states "participating in a sanctioned event" and the event runs Saturday and Sunday.

Take that for what it is worth. Give them a reason and I am sure someone can get a ticket this week, keep it on the downlow and not make 6,000 RPM runs all over the lake and they probably have better things to keep an eye on this week.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by KCHOTBOAT
I was always to and from the shootout you are fine. Go bar hoping at night and that may be different.
+1. You pull out of Franky and Louie's at 11:00 PM at night you best be sober with an unmuffled 525 'cause they will light you up Shootout weekend or not.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by E Dock DD
Someone at a shop that works on my boat. I wouldn't take it as law but this someone has been around a while and told me we should take the mufflers off because they don't enforce the noise issues this week(end).

Unless you are doing something stupid or drawing attention, I think you are fine.

Now watch me get a noise ticket.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
+1. You pull out of Franky and Louie's at 11:00 PM at night you best be sober with an unmuffled 525 'cause they will light you up Shootout weekend or not.

Agree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.