Stainless marine exhaust manifold connection

Notices

Stainless marine exhaust manifold connection

Old 08-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stainless marine exhaust manifold connection

Hi All,

So this may be a silly question however I can not find a definitive answer.

I'm working on a stock '82 Mercruiser 330 with a TR setup. Its time to replace the exhaust manifolds after this season, I want to shed some weight from the boat and a little performance bump never hurts. I thought about going with some Stainless Marine manifolds, esp if I can find a used set, however the risers obviously look different, but, will they connect to the stock exhaust system without modification or am I better off going with something from Imco or Revolution that have the same style as my risers? I'm assuming when they say based on Bravo application they will just bolt right up. My risers are part #807988A03, same as most of the bravo application.

Clawless
Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Do you have spacers between the manifold and riser? When they say it will replace a standard brave setup they mean it has low profile risers that are short enough to fit in front of a "Y" type system. I think they offer a tall riser as an option. Take a picture of what you have and post.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Registered

I do not have any spacers. I have this setup: https://www.mercruiserparts.com/Show...haust+Elbow%29

#1 connects to the riser so it all has to line up to keep this in place. I have no thru-transom exhaust.

Unfortunately the boat is an hour and a half away.

clawless