Notices

TooOld and Cord

Old 08-05-2002, 07:43 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice Job TooOld. I like the way you did that. Cord also did a wonderful job on his boat. I kind of tossed mine together as I am going to totally redue it however if I showed you a before picture you would die. You could not even reach your hand unter the dash. Now after tossing out 7 trash barrels full of wire that has been added over the last 20 ish years I replaced with just a few and Imagine if all the guages work

Jon
Old 08-05-2002, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job Fred! I remember doing the 28 Cig and it was fun...but very time consuming! You have to really love rigging to do a dash like that...but the final product is impressive!

I think I am the closet trailer queen of the summer...I've been keeping pretty quiet about the Cafe Racer, but the truth is, my summer has been disappointing at best. I've used the boat 4 times and have had problems all 4 times...spun bearings on 2 motors, blown ignition, bad carbs, hot oil, no oil pressure...you name it, anything mechanical...it been bad...the boat has been sitting for nearly a month now and still no end in sight to my problems(see the tech section). After next weekend, my summer is essentially over because I have to work the following 2 weeks straight. With any luck, I'll get to use the boat for Labor Day weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.

The guys at the shop have been great, but we're still unable to get the port 540 to idle(stalls).

I sure do miss the 28 with the new motors and almost wish I'd never sold it. The 35 is still a great boat...cosmetically and structurally it is sound and perfect. The boat looks like it came off the showroom floor...and once I get this monkey off my back, I'm sure I'll be happier...

So....Jon and Fred and Jay and the rest of you who've been on the trailer this summer...don't feel bad, there's more of us out ther than you know! In fact, quite a few of the boats at my marina have had catastrophic failures this summer(although most of them are back on the water!)

Puder...An update on Jake the Snake for those of you who know the boat that was for sale at Falcon...after sitting for nearly 2 years, the new owner started her up and has been using the boat ever since...nearly trouble free...

Well, that's my .02 for the summer of 02...thanks for listenin'

Sean
Old 08-05-2002, 10:27 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sonic rigging

Too Old, boy that before dash picture is a little rough. Your rigging is beautiful though! Are you sure your dash wiring was original Sonic? I would expect better. While mine isn't as good as what you did your self, its a little cleaner than what your boat had. Thats why I wonder if someone before you messed with it. One thing i'm impressed with is how well labeled everything is. Heres a shot of my underdash, stock, as seen from the mirror in the head:
Attached Thumbnails TooOld and Cord-gauges-wiring-450x450.jpg  
Old 08-05-2002, 10:35 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Power and ground busses, same location
Attached Thumbnails TooOld and Cord-busses-450x450.jpg  
Old 08-05-2002, 03:44 PM
MIdnightRider

Too Old- Saw your old Skater on Friday in Grand Haven at Coast Gaurd Festival. It looked sweet! Midnight

Old 08-05-2002, 04:08 PM
Registered

don't count me out of the running yet...I'm just getting started on getting ready to prepare to begin to form a plan as to my best method of attack on this project.....plus I need parts..

high and dry ...out
Old 08-05-2002, 06:29 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Might as well add me to this list
Boat has only seen water 3 times this year
and one of them was a rain shower moving from one storage to another.
good thing is at least this year its inside out of the elements
Last splash was the 4th of July
Btw, this has nothing to due with mechanics.
Just not having hte time to take it out

Last edited by MnFastBoat; 08-05-2002 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:08 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

TooOld HUGE improvement with that paint sceem

Jon
Old 08-05-2002, 11:38 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Easy on the plain white boats!!!!! That is what mine is going to be
Old 08-06-2002, 07:32 AM
Registered

Fred

The Sonic looks great! It's really coming together. Mama shouldn't mind riding in that boat at all!

Did you paint the trailer too?

Quick Reply: TooOld and Cord

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.