Notices

lost muffler! Help?

Old 08-05-2002, 08:11 AM
straycat

Default lost muffler! Help?

Need some help from anyone out there that might have 1 CMI external muffler laying around. We were on Lake George this weekend and blew one right of the boat in about 125' feet of water. Maybe someone had the same bad luck as me , and has one. It can be either 4,4.5.0r 5 inch. doesnt matter because we had to modify anyway to meet noise req. It is the bell style with the external air actuator. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-05-2002, 09:48 AM
GRH

I have a set of IMCO muffler tips(4"), like new, I have no use for.... if your interested? Gary.

Old 08-05-2002, 10:01 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two sets I just pulled off my boat, 1 set dinged up from tie bar, the other set is fine. I would only want to sell them in pairs. How does $100.00 sound for the dinged up pair and $200.00 for the others. The dinged up pair basically has a flat spot wher the tie bar "crushed" the outer edge, can be bent out. Here is a picture befor I took them off, I cannot get a new picture untill tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails lost muffler! Help?-cmi%5Cs.jpg  
Old 08-05-2002, 11:23 AM
Registered

straycat,

I think I saw you running north on the east side in the mid afternoon. You looked like you were screaming! Good luck on the muffler deal. Gonna be up for the races this Saturday? We will probably be getting a raft up going if you are interested.

Shane
Old 08-05-2002, 12:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Shane, how about a little more info on the "races" this weekend. When? Where? Who? etc. We are planning to come up on Saturday. Hope to see you then.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:22 PM
Registered

Larry,

Come on up and join us! GRH and Evil Twin are bringing their boats up to the BIG LAKE There is a Vinatge Boat Regatta in "the Village" Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Supposedly, Gold Cup and hydro's. Races are Saturday only is my understanding. Apparently it is the same group that will be racing in Clayton the weekend after. I am solo, Kristen to Colorado Sunday. I am coming up Saturday early morning. Myself, Doug (in his new Fountain), Dave Michaels, etc. etc. were thinking of doing a raft up on the outside of the course to watch. Wanna join us?

Shane
Old 08-05-2002, 01:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Where and what time? If we can get there in time we will probably stop by.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:12 PM
Registered

Larry, I am not really sure on the time. When I know more I will let you know. I am thinking they are probably late morning(ish) early afternoon?
Old 08-05-2002, 02:34 PM
straycat

Thanx for the replies Raypanic and GRH. I pm'd you guys re this.

Raypanic let me know via cel how best to arrange this. By the way , nice transom shot. very decent hardware you're sporting on the back!

Shane, that was probably us, we covered alot of lake over the weekend. If I can I will come back up this W/End. depends if we leave for the Cleveland race. we'll try to hook up!