Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One of these days!

Not yet, I'd like to though!
Old 08-06-2002, 11:00 AM
Registered

Default Add me to the club

I plan on going to watch and run along with the run in Lake Cumberland, but I think it's too pricey. If it was $50-$100 I would do it, but at $385 or whatever, I choose to pass. I know they feed you and there's parties and so on. I figure adding $385 to what is already an expensive weekend for me is asking way too much.

Looks like fun, maybe next year.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:11 AM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Originally posted by Dean Ferry
I too, have never been on a "Poker Run". And I have to agree with my buddy Baja Daze, I find it hard to justify the $$ to particpate, not to mention the abuse on your equipment?
Also, I only go boating with my family, and from what I have read and heard about Poker Runs, they don't seem to be family oriented events? Maybe I'm mis-informed about the family thing? I guess I'm just too CHEAP!
MD
Dean and all the rest of you. There are poker runs everywhere and alot of them won't set you back too much. Take ours for example: $200 gets you one poker hand, two t-shirts, two dinners at awards banquet, free beer Friday and Saturday night. Extra hands $25, and extra participant $25 (includes a t-shirt and dinner). Ours is also very family oriented. We have special prizes just for the kids and at the last poker run we had over fifty kids.

SCOPE is much the same way in what they offer.

As for abuse...only if you want too. We've had many faster boats start in the 3rd wave because they just wanted to cruise. Yes adrenaline is pumping but you don't have to run WOT especially to have fun. It's about getting together with other boaters who share the same passion.

I hope all of you can experience the thrill one of these days.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:35 AM
Senior Member # 68
Charter Member

Add another member to the want to, but never have list....However for the last 2 years I have went up and watched from the sidelines the Smoke On the Water poker run...But for myself I just can't justify the $1000.00 entry fee...hearing the sound of all those hi-perf. boats taking off at once is incredible though.
Steve
Old 08-06-2002, 12:05 PM
Registered

Im poker run less as well boot,
Missed last Saturday's run with the NJPPC for bent to hell pushrods
Im trying though
Jason
Old 08-06-2002, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree . There are many that are too much money for me . I know you do get to party and eat for the price but thats stilla lot for food . And I can't even drink ! There are a few inexpensive ones I would like to do and there are also alot of fun runs too. In fact I might even get a few runs together myself next year for us less fortunate guys ($$$$) ! Even if there is no cost and no prize .Lets just get a big groop of cool boats and go for a nice cruise ! YOu guys afraid of abusing your boats ,,, well thats all in your throttle hand and your ego ! You don't have to run hard but it is hard to resist ! MY boat would definately be grouped in the fast crowd at a run but I would probably just run in a slower class . I don't want to blow it up . I just want to finish !
Old 08-06-2002, 12:25 PM
Registered

I'm in the "cardless" club as well. The entry fees are a little steep, I worry that if I have a day when the boat just "must" run Murphy will come along and break something on me (I've had enough problems in the past, thank you) and I'd be "loafing" along with the cruisers with my 45 kt cruise speeds.

-Greg
Old 08-06-2002, 12:30 PM
Registered

Hey Boot, we could arrange something,
Del to Chesepeake like the NJPPC poker run but without the poker in the run
ya know
I would set it up (just have to make sure my tub will run longer than 15 minutes LOL)
See what type of interest is generated here in the philly area and maybe I will set it up
Jason
Old 08-06-2002, 12:56 PM
Rick252

Talking

Same here. Never participated. Just ain't got the HP.. HINT:
If you video everything, then play it backwards for your un-knowing friends, its looks like your passing everyone. LOL

Old 08-06-2002, 01:05 PM
Registered

Talking Hey Fever Mike I will if you will, (run in the OPBA).

Fever Mike .......Labor Day sounds like a good PR,
starts from Liverocks.

Mark in So MD......We all had a great time with the "Broke Boys
Poker Run Team" Met some cool people!

Cuda................You are correct and the $100 includes Lunch, 2 Tee
shirts, Pool Party, awards banquet, dinner? , a poker hand, boat
slip or tie-up. Additional hands are $50.

In the old days a Poker Run (Harley's) helped a Chairity, it was
also rewarding.

Quick Reply: Who has never been to a poker run yet ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.