Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who has never been to a poker run yet ? >

Who has never been to a poker run yet ?

Notices

Who has never been to a poker run yet ?

Old 08-05-2002, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Who has never been to a poker run yet ?

Just wondering if I am the only looser that been boating forever and has NEVER made it to a run ..... Been to a few races year in Jersy at Point Pleasant but thats it . Every time I want to something either brakes or I have to go somewhere else . MAN I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY FIRST !
Old 08-05-2002, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't woory Boot, I can help you hold THIS flag I've often thought about it, but I would end up looking at all the nice propwash left by everyone else! Yeah I know it's not a race, but NOBODY wants to be the slow guy!
Old 08-05-2002, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

arks ---don't rub it in! I'm going to the Sandusky run on the 17th and I pretty much know I'm going to be at the back of the pack!!
Boot this will be my first one -- although I just finally got my boat in the water this weekend for the first time
Old 08-05-2002, 08:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never participated in one. I did go down to Sarasota in April to check out the boats at the PRA event, and watched them come into John's Pass the next day.
We will be running in one with my buddy Labor Day weekend. It is the OPBA event from St Pete to Sarasota.
Old 08-05-2002, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Count me in the club. Hoping to though.

Buck
Old 08-05-2002, 08:58 PM
Registered

I'm in too - and I'm currently boatless, so I don't see my status changing anytime soon
Old 08-05-2002, 09:21 PM
Registered

me too Ive never ran one yet, I just bought my boat last fall
I am thinking about either the Costal Marine or Sandusky run. I will also be at the back of the pack
Old 08-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I've never participated. Run along, but never entered. The two I can choose from that are withint 2 horus driving time are $600 and $1000. That seems pricey to me. I'm planning on doing the $600 one next year, though.

I think Candyman was going to pay half, too.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Registered

Dont worry about being the slow guy. I was at Sarasota in April and I am sure my boat had the slowest top speed( 67, most guys ran over 100, but we didnt even finish last) we had a blast though. Everyone is so nice to you, I was at the same breakfast table as Mike Fieore(sp) and he asked what we were running, we humblely said, 26Sonic. He said dont worry about it you will have fun, when we were pulling out he gave us a thumbs up from his Family and Perf mag cover boat, an awesome Outerlimits. We sat next to Rod at lunch from Team Sorsercer(sp, again), prob got the fastest piston powered cat, really nice person.

So hold your head up and you will do just fine.

Cheers

Mark
Old 08-05-2002, 10:13 PM
Banned

Hey Fever Mike

Check out the OPBA site. They are having the run for labor day. I think it is $75 to join opba, and $100 for the poker run, or the other way around. I haven't joined, but my buddy did.

Quick Reply: Who has never been to a poker run yet ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.