Real Fast Marine Planning To Introduce 43-footer In 2014 >

Real Fast Marine Planning To Introduce 43-footer In 2014

Notices

Real Fast Marine Planning To Introduce 43-footer In 2014

Old 09-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
Yeah!1 it started at 400 k i believe and now its down to 249.995 and it still has not sold! I Thinkk? http://boats.iboats.com/2013-checkma...l/1317896.html
I believe it did sell, but with an asking price of $249k Did anyone make a dime? The engine and drive package alone is 75 percent of that asking price.

I see it all the time on here, people that are not in the market for a NEW boat suggesting that someone make an affordable new boat. A handful of manufactures have done it recently and the boats do not sell. Who is to blame someone for chasing the market share of the boats that are selling? Just think of the average price point of the offering from the manufactures that are alive and well.....now think of the manufactures that have recently struggled and where their price points are, its not rocket science.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by professor_speed
Not to thread high jack but the Check was an older design and not as fast as some other boats with 700's, that maybe part of the reason it took awhile to sell, someone got a great deal.

I'm sure the RFM 43 will be state of the art and thus someone will pay the cost. Not to stir the pot but hopefully it runs 153mph or better in a mile, lol
My thoughts were if they went with even bigger power ( or 1100 or 1350) they would have lost even more money. Not for nothing, but the name lacks the "status" for a buyer in the 400-600k category. A great example of this theory can be found here https://www.hyundaiusa.com/equus/, The average buyer of a 60k car would not be found dead in a Hyundai! I am sure it is a great car, and prob a best value in that market place.....but it fails as a status symbol.

I don't want to be bashed by the checkmate crowd, I have owned a checkmate and they make a great boat for their place in the market. I am also not in the market for a new 400-800k boat, but if I were, there are a few names it wouldn't have on the side.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris@uga
RFIII needs to spend a little time in the gym before going with the skin-tight UA look. lol

I'm sure that will be a beautiful boat though.

Looks like a great boat, just needs a lot of work in the " promotional attire for photo shoots" A super hero with white glasses does not really say much except " riding daddies coat tails !!!!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

4Bus you mention the checkmate was an older design. Didn't that hull Just win a race in Europe ? would that not make it state of the art, also I believe Reggie built his rep based on winning races . I see a parallel here don't you .
RG.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by tanner
Looks like a great boat, just needs a lot of work in the " promotional attire for photo shoots" A super hero with white glasses does not really say much except " riding daddies coat tails !!!!
I like the look, because the great ones are not followers. They march to the beat of their own drums! and belive me he has one heck of a band.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking boat.

Does Fountian not own the intellectual rights to the beak design?

Surprised that the original fountain did not protect that design to keep others from stealing it. Usually IP is a big part of what a company owns.

To me that boat looks like excatly like a Fountain. Maybe the beak has some Performamce benefit? If so what?

MP
Old 09-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reggie you might have to start building some 30ft Super Vee's Lol

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 09-22-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rick G
4Bus you mention the checkmate was an older design. Didn't that hull Just win a race in Europe ? would that not make it state of the art, also I believe Reggie built his rep based on winning races . I see a parallel here don't you .
RG.
You are misquoting, wasn't me that mentioned an older design. I like the boat and the hull design speaks for itself. I was stating that it had a budget price point, and a non pretentious name...that is why it didn't sell.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat & Mice
Great looking boat.

Does Fountian not own the intellectual rights to the beak design?

Surprised that the original fountain did not protect that design to keep others from stealing it. Usually IP is a big part of what a company owns.

To me that boat looks like excatly like a Fountain. Maybe the beak has some Performamce benefit? If so what?

MP
No, Reggie did not invent the beak on boats. Come to think of it, I think Noah's ark even had a beak.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Hydrostreams have a beak also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.