Notices

40 Hustler/37 Outerlimits

Old 08-06-2002, 01:49 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40 Hustler/37 Outerlimits

What is the difference in these two boats? I've seen pictures of both and the hulls look to be about the same.

I've read the story about Mike Fiore and his dad working for Hustler, then Mike started OL and even his mom worked with him and then his dad left Hustler later and joined OL. But, what are the actual differences in the boats? Other than 3' of length...

I need a little history lesson. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2002, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think this question was posed here before...

Hustler was actually started by Paul Fiore and a partner, who went by the wayside very early on. Paul sold the company in the 90's, stayed on for a few years while Mike went on to start Outerlimits. Paul subsequently left to go work with Mike at Outerlimits.

The 37 Outerlimits was built from a 32 Hustler. I've seen the plug, so I can tell you this with 99.99% confidence. I will grant you, however, that the boat has evolved light years beyond the 32, but the fact is, that's how it was born.

I don't know where the 40 Fiore came from, so I would be guessing...but if I was a bettin' man, I would say it came form the 32 also, but...

The hullsides of the 40 Hustler and the 37 Outerlimits are quite different where the 40 has quite a large ridge 3/4 of the way up the side and the 37 Outerlimits does not.

just my measly .02
Old 08-06-2002, 02:22 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Get the quad stepped Outerlimits. Or the 388 Hustler. The 40 is a big ol dog unless you need to huge cabin.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:12 PM
Registered

Hey Ron, Have you heard the rumor that Outerlimits was not building the quad step anymore?? Somthing about killing the resale value of the existing non-quad step boats...dunno how true this one is...

The 40 is one bi ole dog...I just saw one repowered with triple 496s and new Bravos...I forget what it ran, but to be honest, i remember being impressed...I think somewhere in the low 80s.

LACE is for sale with trip 540s and I was told it ran in the 90s before they detuned it...

I'm not all that impressed with the 388...and I hope I'm not offending anyone, it's just that it took us alot of power(a pair of blown 622ci about 850hp ea) on #4 drives to go 112mph, and to be honest, I was frightened at that speed in that boat. It was wildly unstable to the point that it felt likt it would barrel roll running in a straightline...perhaps it go those characteristics from the 32
Old 08-06-2002, 04:20 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i have heard from afew people taht the old 32 hustler chine walks like a mother over 80 and up around 85-90 becomes really unsafe and damn near out of control.
Old 08-06-2002, 05:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Dave Patnaude at Typhoon Marine His got about 5 for sell there 732-477-6157

Puder that not true,By the way I heard that Hustler is going to build the 32 again
Old 08-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Registered

Mike...it a trademark...i've seen it...

It's also quite common with the 26...I've see that too...

It's amazing the things you see growing up next door to the factory

I hear Rare Air is a a rarity though...runs pretty fast and somewhat stable...has the bottom been blue printed? What are the drive heights like? What direction are the props spinning?
Old 08-06-2002, 11:37 PM
JGB
Registered

Now aint that a humdinger! The outerlimits is a streched 32 signature of the 70s. since i think it was used to create the 32 hustler. And the story behind signature was that tommy adams popped the 27 magnum? so is the outerlimits a streched 27 magnum/ 32 signature?

Here's a pic of the 32 signature.
Attached Thumbnails 40 Hustler/37 Outerlimits-sig32small.jpg  
Old 08-06-2002, 11:41 PM
JGB
Registered

here's a pic of the 32 hustler
Attached Thumbnails 40 Hustler/37 Outerlimits-hustler32bsmall.jpg  
Old 08-06-2002, 11:50 PM
CB
Registered

puder - I have to disagree with you my 32 with good power, boxes and bravos is VERY much stable at speed better than more expensive boats I've been on.

Sean have to agree somewhat on the 38 but not all the way - any stepped hull is shaky if you don't know what your doing especially in a turn BUT it is not a characteristic of the hull - i have a few people i know with them and love them. Been around the factory and am friends with people that work and have worked there over the years

Then you OL - love the boat but have been told that they only will handle the right way with boxes on them . ?? who knows

the 40 hustler is not a terd at all - as a matter of fact i think it rides and handles and get of the hole better than my friends 02 Top Gun.

Mike the 32 is not coming back as they have destoyed the mold - and have heard it from the horses mouth. the 40 is also an extension of the 32 hustler and you can see it in th elines back to the cockpit.

BOTTOM LINE - THAT'S WHY THEY MAKE VANILLA AND CHOCOLATE

chris

Quick Reply: 40 Hustler/37 Outerlimits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.