Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
homeland security came out with a subpoena to search the 32 manta i just bought, wtf >

homeland security came out with a subpoena to search the 32 manta i just bought, wtf

Notices

homeland security came out with a subpoena to search the 32 manta i just bought, wtf

Old 10-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default homeland security came out with a subpoena to search the 32 manta i just bought, wtf

holy #@&*$% ! i just got an email from the seller who works for nasa, that a pair of guys from homeland security driving a towncar, went to the marina and searched the 32 manta i just bought from him through an ebay listing. i wired him the coin from my bank in colombia... wtf the closest i ever came to belonging to a terrorist group was hanging with stecz and the retards from team short bus one week at loto. lol im wondering if it is because he works for nasa and they think he was sending me secret plans to the space ship they are sending to mars.... i have never had any contact with the long arm of the law other than traffic tickets... or maybe im on a watch list cuz im constantly posting derogatory posts about the kenyan in D.C..... any idea why these guys are checking out my boat?? rm
Old 10-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

just goes to show big brother is always watching..
Old 10-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Just be glad they didn't drill holes looking for hidden compartments. They can pretty much do whatever they want. If they just looked and didn't trash your boat then I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try and get a copy of the search warrant....

Nice piece of history when u go to sell it!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they probably see money coming in from columbia and searched just because of that
Old 10-02-2013, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
Try and get a copy of the search warrant....

Nice piece of history when u go to sell it!
the seller is going to the marina in the am to do that, i called homeland sec, they told me that when they do a search like that, they always leave copies of the paperwork, as far as who did the search and their contact number....
Old 10-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

big brother knows all....

I do a lot of government work, and one of the guys I work with was questioned as to why he was interested in the purchase of a nuclear submarine... no BS, I was there when all this went down...

I got to hear the story... in college back in the 90's, the soviet union was collapsing and apparently, they were selling off military equipment. They actually had an auction for this stuff... him and his 3 other roommates were drunk and thought it would be awesome so they put a bid in on the sub... naturally they didn't win it or I'd probably be posting on the 20,000 leagues under the sea site instead of offshore only... but they had the simple thought of 'holy hell this would be so awesome if we had our own nuclear sub'

He never went back to that site again after they were outbid, and in the year and a half i was working with him prior to this he never mentioned it, until I had to take him with me to an imaginary place to work one day.

It's also why I have absolutely no social media accounts, these message boards are the closest I get
Old 10-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

It'd be the first time they where worried about someone smuggling something "Out" of the country....Maybe they think you & Escobar where tight....
Old 10-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
It'd be the first time they where worried about someone smuggling something "Out" of the country....Maybe they think you & Escobar where tight....
1st?? drugs come in, money goes out..boat could have been loaded with franklins....
Old 10-02-2013, 09:27 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastdonzi
Actually, from what I read and based on some of the busts around here (Gulf Coast Texas) they are always looking to move cash and weapons back to where the drugs come from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.