Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Mitcher T Painting the first Donzi ZRC (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/304083-mitcher-t-painting-first-donzi-zrc.html)

Marginmn 10-11-2013 01:22 PM

Mitcher T Painting the first Donzi ZRC

10 Attachment(s)
Mitch is finishing up painting his design on Steve Simon's creation. This was the very first Donzi ZRC out of the mold back in 2002 and it bears the hull number 001. This is the boat that Steve Simon designed to get Donzi back into racing. They took it to the Miami boat show in 2003 and the fist person who took a test ride in it bought it on the spot - the owner of the Harley Davidson dealership in Daytona Fl. It initially served as the APBA pace boat for many races and was then sold to an OSO member who used it on LOA. It was then sold to another member here on OSO up in Baltimore who in turn sold it to me back in 2011 without power or drives.

It was showing a lot of wear by the time I bought it and it's been long process having it refurbished but I am finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel . Here are some before Mitcher T pics. The first pics are from when it was new back around 2003 and then some more around the time I purchased it in 2011. If it had looked as good when I purchased it as it did in these old pics I would have probably kept it original.

Jerry Haney is doing the rigging. The boat was originally a side-by-side set up with Merc 500's and bravo's and Jerry converted it to staggered with Arneson ASD-7s.

Marginmn 10-11-2013 01:36 PM

10 Attachment(s)
More before pics.

Jason Johnson 10-11-2013 01:40 PM

Cool project, when do you expect to have it finished? I'd love to do a overview story on the project for speedonthewater.com if you're interested.

keiter 10-11-2013 01:47 PM

Put the after pics up show everyone how awesome its coming

Marginmn 10-11-2013 01:54 PM

10 Attachment(s)
More in progress.

Marginmn 10-11-2013 02:03 PM

10 Attachment(s)
The red bilge was a swing and a miss. New carbon fiber interior and dash panels. Later on we also switched the red side panels to the gray carbon fiber as the red panels clashed. Then late summer it was sent to Mitch to redo the bilge and for a complete paint job.

JRider 10-11-2013 02:04 PM

Who did the transom?

Marginmn 10-11-2013 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jason Johnson (Post 4010535)
Cool project, when do you expect to have it finished? I'd love to do a overview story on the project for speedonthewater.com if you're interested.

That would be cool. Mitch hopes to be done with it next week and then it goes back to Jerry Haney in NC for the rigging. Jerry is busy getting that SVL boat ready for KW so as soon as that is completed he'll be back on the ZRC.

JRider 10-11-2013 02:13 PM

You didnt like the engine bay color?

Marginmn 10-11-2013 02:19 PM

10 Attachment(s)
I'm trying Keith. :) Jrider, Jerry Haney did the transom.

Pics of Mitch's guys at work. It had a lot of dings and blemishes.