Smith Mountain Lake this weekend; 27Fountain

Notices

Smith Mountain Lake this weekend; 27Fountain

Old 08-07-2002, 12:41 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default Smith Mountain Lake this weekend; 27Fountain

Is anyone going to be down there this weekend? Will, when are you moving? Let me know. I will be there sometime on Friday until Sunday.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian I am looking to go down to Smith Mountain Lake this weekend, I have a 26' Daytona, would love to hook up with you and see the lake, visited there in May for their Poker run.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:51 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

ttt
Old 08-08-2002, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian,

Just sent you a e-mail.

Jspeedmon, and Brian stop by on friday-sun, I should be at the lake all weekend. Jspeedmon, I cannot remember if I met you or not in may. But my Dad's house is right before the Cliffs, on left with the large white sand beach and Fountain in the lift.

WILL
Old 08-08-2002, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Will for the offer. I have to report we are going to reschedule for another weekend in the next month. The other couple we were traveling over with, have to work thru the weekend, so we are going till they are able to come over as well. Hope you all have a nice weekend to boat, the one in May was sure a rough one. I don't believe we met in May, although I do remember the conversation prior to the event. What marker your place at? We stayed at R-29, right at the HalesFord bridge.

John
Old 08-13-2002, 11:17 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

WHAT A GREAT TIME!
The water was about 5 feet low, so launching was a bit hairy. I kept the boat in the water the whole weekend, and left it anchored about 75 feet from the beach overnight and when not using it. We stayed at a private high rise condo with family across from Bernard's Landing. Over the weekend, they actually raised the lake about 3.5 feet, so by Sunday afternoon, trailering was a bit easier. One thing I do not like is a lack of no wake zones at the condo complex, and the public ramps. It makes it tough to dock. Believe it or not, we caught several huge wakes (went looking for them) behind large cruisers and houseboats, and launched a few times; so we got to have some familiar airborne fun too.

I also had some video taken of the Sonic from the fifth floor balcony of the condo, with me doing flybys right below at better than 60mph. They should turn out awesome, as well as blowing by my cousin's family 23 foot Chris Craft deck boat a few times. I will post them when I get them converted. Everyone within trailering distance REALLY needs to check this place out sometime, especially for the Poker Run, if nothing else. SML is FAR and AWAY the most beautiful Lake in VA. Nothing but mountains on all sides.
Check out www.smlba.com for more details.
Thanks Will/27Fountain for the beers and hospitality at the Tiki Bar on the beach. As always, you can't beat it. Also had an incredible dinner at an Irish Pub that you get to by water. What a great time.
Old 08-14-2002, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian,

I am glad you enjoyed your trip, and I agree with you SML is the nicest lake in VA.

WILL