Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I am turning to OSO for serious advice and help (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30430-i-am-turning-oso-serious-advice-help.html)

packinair 08-07-2002 01:51 PM

I am turning to OSO for serious advice and help

Ok here's the deal. I have worked for a large Dodge dealer here in the toledo OH area for quite a while now. I do alot of the fleet and out side commercial sales. I have really enjoyed working there and it was alot of fun and I make enough to keep my boat floating most of the time. Here is my delema... as most places things change, the head manager retired and moved to AZ. Now they have hired (3 months ago) someone from our biggest competetor. He has brought over just about everyone from the other dealer and has 100% changed the atmospheir at our dealer. I suppose it would be great if you were part of the click from the other place but I am not. I forsee my job going to one of his buddies here in the very near future. I have lived here in toledo most of my life and do not think I would be opposed to going somewhere with better boating weather all year. I don't really want to stay in the auto business. I want to find something more in the marine or marine sales. I am not stuck on doing that but I want to remain in the money braket that I am used to ( or higher as everyone would). so to all of you who are looking for a good employee..." have boat ..will travel" ok OSO what the hell should I do:confused: :confused: :confused:

BuzzinBye! 08-07-2002 02:33 PM

Packinair,

The auto business can really suck sometimes. I know being a previous member and my wife being a current member. If you run into more problems and cannot find anything out of state let me know since between my wife and I we have a lot of contacts in the area (as i'm sure you have as well) and could probably help out. Not to mention LEOPA is full of car people.

PS thanks for the demo ride on saturday.

Dan

packinair 08-07-2002 02:38 PM

dan: hope you enjoyed the demo ride. I am starting to feel my body again (hmmm that looks interesting) 4-6' waves in the reindl v-24 was amazing, I can not believe what that boat is capable of. no way would I ever dream of taking my 24' cat out in that. I am starting to think it is just time to move on, I have a few dealers that have been bugging me for years to come there but I don't think it is what I am after anymore.. there is more out there for me and I think the time has come to go off and find it.. I am just alittle gun shy to leave my Toledo nest..

BuzzinBye! 08-07-2002 02:56 PM

I am glad not to be in the car biz anymore. I did leave Toledo for 2 years and moved to Orlando. I ended up back here. And i am happier back here. But all my family lives here.

Yes that boat rocked I was amazed how well it handled the big water.

Dan

sean stinson 08-07-2002 04:07 PM

Just went through same ordeal

Packinair,

I just went through a similar deal. As most people may or may not know I worked at Dick Simon Marine for some time alot of the time in a backstage managerial role though I hated the title. Towards the end I did put the title on and when Dick Simon sold I had a long meeting with the new owners who I happened to know for a long time. Well to make a long story short we left each other on very friendly terms but I decided to go my own way and do something different. At first I did the 360 pirohuettes for a while then I went on the grand tour of interviews across the nation and finally started loafing. Well one day I got a call from a guy asking about a certain boat and after a long conversation, flight to the East Coast, a poker run, and night in Philly I am now at home packing up and relocating to the East Coast and starting a new gig in about two weeks. I guess following my gut is going to pay off because everything feels more right than it has in a long time. Just like stopping at a certain truck stop in Texas is proving to be well worth it in the long run also, but that's another story in itself. I guess what I am saying is don't be afraid of change it can be for the better.

Sean

SLINGSHOT 08-07-2002 04:10 PM

NEED GOOD SALES PEOPLE

GOOD COMISSION BASED FROM YOUR HOME LOCATION, JUST SEND THE WORK IN. LET ME KNOW CAN BE VERY PROMISING IF YOU HUSTLE!

packinair 08-07-2002 04:17 PM

slingshot/ send me some info.. [email protected]

Sean: sent you an e-mail

Strike 08-07-2002 04:27 PM

Oh No, Another Stinson On The Right Side!

Just kidding Sean! Best of luck at your new endevor. If your not too far away, maybe you could make our run next year. It would be great to meet you!

The Other Stinson.........

dockrocker 08-07-2002 04:31 PM

Slingshot, check your private messages...

sean stinson 08-07-2002 05:16 PM

Re: Oh No, Another Stinson On The Right Side!

Originally posted by Strike
Just kidding Sean! Best of luck at your new endevor. If your not too far away, maybe you could make our run next year. It would be great to meet you!

The Other Stinson.........

Bro

It would be an honor to attend your run next year and I don't know how far Philly is from you but that's the closest big city.

Sean