LOL You know those days when things just won't go your way

Notices

LOL You know those days when things just won't go your way

Old 11-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Default LOL You know those days when things just won't go your way

If this is you or one of your friends I'm sorry I had to post it . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww_tNE39v_s
Old 11-02-2013, 03:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Sh*t Happens, tide looked it was pushing him a bit, if the passenger would have gotten out of the cockpit and helped so if he got close to a dock or another boat he could have been a little more aggressive, but hell, he did not hit anything, and anyone on this site at one time in their boat history has had a tough departure or return to a dock, all part of the boating experience, if you haven't had one tough docking experience then go get a Mega Millions or Powerball ticket because you are the luckiest bastard on the planet.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
Sh*t Happens, tide looked it was pushing him a bit, if the passenger would have gotten out of the cockpit and helped so if he got close to a dock or another boat he could have been a little more aggressive, but hell, he did not hit anything, and anyone on this site at one time in their boat history has had a tough departure or return to a dock, all part of the boating experience, if you haven't had one tough docking experience then go get a Mega Millions or Powerball ticket because you are the luckiest bastard on the planet.
Amen
Old 11-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like it could be any normal boating day, check the road runner out on the wrap.lol
Old 11-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

He has no clue how to operate that boat.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a fair statement at all, Turbo RR. I've read and listened to what I consider experience boaters, the guys from PBCC, talk about anyone can do certain things in a boat. So I've gone out in 2-4 footers in late October/early November to get seat time in "rough" water. I found it significantly easier to drive the boat all over in the rollers, then to dock it. I nearly **** my pants trying to leave the marina as the wind caught the boat when I was shifting and made me do a 180 before I could get enough power to counter it.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I posted it because I though it was funny. And the reason it is funny is because it can happen to any one of us at any time. The wind is blowing like hell. But he did make some bad decisions
Old 11-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Noticed the bow flags are blowing pretty snappy . Wind does make slow speed maneuvers very difficult with a single . Wanted to add that my first mate would not have just sat there on her ass .
Old 11-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a guy i know. Has twins and refuses to touch the wheel. Half the time he's got the drives cranked all the way in one direction and takes him about 30 attempts. Though if he loses much more fiberglass he'll have the lightest boat in the harbor!
Old 11-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Listen closely to the audio in the vid. You can hear the people with the camera make the comment that he only has one motor.

Knowing that, one could easily see why he could be having the trouble he was. Couple that with the wind and his day was miserable.

Had nothing to do with not turning the wheel or any other assumption that has been made in this thread. You can see him turning the wheel frantically every time he changes direction to no avail. The wind and one motor weren't getting along.

Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.