Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Gil offshore dry exhaust prices?? Who else makes a better system for less?? >

Gil offshore dry exhaust prices?? Who else makes a better system for less??

Notices

Gil offshore dry exhaust prices?? Who else makes a better system for less??

Old 08-08-2002, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I had the same problem with Gil`s on my Fountain.They sold me two pair at a greatly reduced price, but I wont use them again.
Old 08-26-2002, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a pic of the Hardin p-1000's on a Hawk 511. These came with my boat but were replaced with Gils.

BULL - If you decide to get rid of the dry pipes, let me know. I need 2 sets.
Attached Thumbnails Gil offshore dry exhaust prices?? Who else makes a better system for less??-hawkpower01.jpg  
Old 08-26-2002, 07:09 PM
Registered

how are the CMI exhaust holding up? any better, worse ? what do you think on CMI
Old 08-26-2002, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I have CMI`s on my Top Gun and they are working great and boy do they look purty
Old 08-26-2002, 08:47 PM
DOCTOR DAVE

i've purchased several set of stellings cast manfold exhaust systems, and it's the best workmanship i have seen. tail pipes are mandrel bent (no ugly welds and corners like stainless marine stuff) manifolds are seperate runners to riser, riser has two runners going into one outlet. mine are polished risers and 5" tail pipes. very nice stuff for the price. call randy at stellings marine, tell him dave's performance sent you.
dave
Attached Files
File Type: zip
stellings.zip (40.3 KB, 35 views)

Old 08-26-2002, 09:53 PM
Registered

Hey Bull,

I have had a first hand experience with our friends at Gil,
now that they are owned by Corsa, I would look elsewere if I were you.

Brownie at SSM has always taken good care of me and my friends,
he also won't "mis-quote"you like Jim Browning Jr at Corsa.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Brownie, Is there a picture of a Stainless Marine cut-away version so we can see the runners design as compared to a Gil design? I wonder if Stainless Marine shows it in any of their magazine ads.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:50 AM
Miami

I believe the first tow or three years, Mercury's HP500 came with Gil manifolds, risers & tail pipes. I am assuming Mercury had a large problem with this setup. The assumption is based upon a small local dealer replaced over 20 units within Mercury's warranty period. These leaks may have caused them to go with the CMI headers & tailpipes on their current 500's.

First hand experience with Stainless Marine
250hrs on 502 EFI
430hrs on 540ci built motor
200hrs on carb HP500 with their dry exhaust

No problems with any of the applications. Another great featurer of the stainless Marine setup is that if you give them the dimensions and or a drawing, what youy specify is what you get.

Old 08-27-2002, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

great info guys!!!! i just pressure tested my other dry pipe and found another leak at the weld.........didnt blow the motor this time.....but sure is a pain getting out that chocolate milk!!!!!!! well, i must do something soon, i have been out of the water for about a month now and am getting a little angry. it sure is tough watching all the boats go by my home on the intracoastal!!!!!
Old 08-27-2002, 07:29 AM
Registered

While Ive never had problems wth my fresh water gil manifolds, now well over 10 yrs old, I would never buy them again especially for a twin application as access to the sparkplugs is limited if not impossible. I dont think I would ever use any aluminum for a salt water application.

Quick Reply: Gil offshore dry exhaust prices?? Who else makes a better system for less??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.