Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Beware Scammer from classifieds!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/305050-beware-scammer-classifieds.html)

gofastlvr 11-05-2013 10:41 PM

Beware Scammer from classifieds!!

Had a fairly normal sounding email through PM about my MTI I have listed in the classified from GEORGE WILLIAMS and he had a normal sounding yahoo email. We have swapped probably 6-8 emails with him asking fairly educated questions about power and speed and trailer etc... I tell him the price and end with K as in $350k! He sends me an email back telling me he will wire me the funds in the morning wanting my full name, address, zip code, and phone number and we can wire funds. This time I can tell he is using a translator from the very bad English and him offering me $350 whole dollars for my boat!! Just watch out because I bet they are targeting more than just me and he may go away as I have questioned his lineage along with just about every foreign slur I can think of!! I made up racial slurs that I have never even heard of and I hope he is deeply offended...:angry-smiley-038:

altamate 11-06-2013 03:16 AM

Wouldn't it be nice to reach through the keyboard and strangle a few of these guys.

NKissau 11-06-2013 04:24 AM

I also got an Email from him about my listing.

Rattlesnake Jake 11-06-2013 04:39 AM

Put it on Craigslist and get ready for all the Aholes in the world willing to pay asking price, shipping and having THEIR Agent inspect it after you send them your Name Address etc etc etc.

sleev-les 11-06-2013 04:45 AM

I had a guy from NY text me about mine.. Same deal, he sounded somewhat normal at first then I saw the signs....

phragle 11-06-2013 04:55 AM

$350.00 for an MTI... that's a new high in lowballing....

Excess 11-06-2013 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by gofastlvr (Post 4022458)
Had a fairly normal sounding email through PM about my MTI I have listed in the classified from GEORGE WILLIAMS and he had a normal sounding yahoo email. We have swapped probably 6-8 emails with him asking fairly educated questions about power and speed and trailer etc... I tell him the price and end with K as in $350k! He sends me an email back telling me he will wire me the funds in the morning wanting my full name, address, zip code, and phone number and we can wire funds. This time I can tell he is using a translator from the very bad English and him offering me $350 whole dollars for my boat!! Just watch out because I bet they are targeting more than just me and he may go away as I have questioned his lineage along with just about every foreign slur I can think of!! I made up racial slurs that I have never even heard of and I hope he is deeply offended...:angry-smiley-038:

Push comes to shove, I would personally drive to TN and give you $350.00 in cash, no translator, no questions

phragle 11-06-2013 05:46 AM

Hell, I will go an even $400.00, buy you lunch and a case of beer.......

VoodooRob 11-06-2013 06:55 AM

I'll make it an even $500, cash money as they say.

phragle 11-06-2013 07:07 AM

$501