Notices

Key West Worlds Update: Miss GEICO Wins, CMS And Al Adaa'am 96 Break

Old 11-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Default Key West Worlds Update: Miss GEICO Wins, CMS And Al Adaa'am 96 Break

Last update from a good week of offshore racing,
http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...aa-am-96-break.
Old 11-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

World Champs without even finishing a race... And that's why the class is a JOKE!! And helps the argument of that the entire sport is a joke and why it's hurting!! Like I posted yesterday- they should just put a 2nd super cat boat out there. (Qutar) In fact all the extreme teams SHOULD just go to Super Boat. Imagine 15 super boats. Equals cool, instead there is 8, then 2 turbines & 3-4 extremes... Which equals dumb dumb dumb!!!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
World Champs without even finishing a race... And that's why the class is a JOKE!! And helps the argument of that the entire sport is a joke and why it's hurting!! Like I posted yesterday- they should just put a 2nd super cat boat out there. (Qutar) In fact all the extreme teams SHOULD just go to Super Boat. Imagine 15 super boats. Equals cool, instead there is 8, then 2 turbines & 3-4 extremes... Which equals dumb dumb dumb!!!

Agree.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

What was wrong with having an open class and superboat class like back in the day? Always seemed to be a lot of boats in each class with exciting races.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When my dad raced in the early 80s there were 80 boats in 4 classes in key west. That was some great racing. This year I think there were 44 boats in 8 classes.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Just saw the results on the SBI site. Qatar turbine won the championship by completing 17 miles over 3 days. I think if they completed all races they would have run about 135.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Just saw the results on the SBI site. Qatar turbine won the championship by completing 17 miles over 3 days. I think if they completed all races they would have run about 135.
and that is a race team with literally no budget. That's why it's dumb.

Make it like NASCAR and pack the field. I would think real sponsors would take interest, race teams might make a little better prize money and the silliness would end.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam

Make it like NASCAR and pack the field. I would think real sponsors would take interest, race teams might make a little better prize money and the silliness would end.
And be more marketable to fans and potential TV
Old 11-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam

As much as I am not a Turbine fan...To there defense they saw Geico as a team that shows up and races every race so they built a boat to race them then Geico burns there boat up and buys a piston boat. And they rerigged 96 a lambo powered victory boat to race unlimited. In my opinion Qatar is what this sport needs They want competion!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

qatar 96 was a giant load of FAIL. i mean really?? all the hype, and millions spent on the boat, promotions, team etc, and lets not forget all the tough bluster from the shieikh, and the frikkin thing croaked out three times!!! last one being an engine fire??? wtf??? either they have no idea where the overspeed/performance limits are, on that thing, or the guy who rigged it needs to be fired. epic fail. huge props and congratulations to MGRT.

mary mac should have won turbine...they completed many more laps overall. ****ty scoring system.

and i just heard races are leaving kw next year. new location tba.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.