Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Marine Concepts heading back to REAL FAST MARINE after Key West (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/305282-marine-concepts-heading-back-real-fast-marine-after-key-west.html)

marine concepts 11-12-2013 11:02 AM

Marine Concepts heading back to REAL FAST MARINE after Key West

We had a great time in Key West. Met a lot of great people that were cheering us on. It felt good to know we could go up against the biggest in the business and not look stupid. We literally showed up with three of us and a pick-up truck, I felt like I showed up to race a NASCAR race with a 56 Buick. It just goes to show how good Reggie Fountain III is at setting up a boat. We didn't have big power, only Mercury 1200's. But he set that that boat up to handle, and handle it did! Mark Boos with Precision Marine couldn't have been better at giving us some reliable power, It was great!

Thanks to Mark Morris at Visual Imagination, we looked as good as we ran.

Thanks to everyone that helped us so much, I truly am blessed!

WE WILL BE BACK!

vbot24 11-12-2013 04:55 PM

Reliable power? Didn't you have an engine fire?

marine concepts 11-12-2013 07:21 PM

Motors had nothing to do with the fire, when you throw that boat in a corner at almost 150mph the way I do, the motors are trying to be ripped out of the side of the boat. What happened was, the engine mount bolts sheared off, the motor fell and the header was laying against the side of the boat, the water lines was pinched off and I kept running it with no water pressure. Now a smart person would have pulled over when all the red lights were going of on the dash, but not me, I kept going til I couldn't go no more, I never dreamed it would catch fire. Not smart on my part :(

riverboater 11-12-2013 07:32 PM

You guys looked great out there got some great pics of your boat , we were in turn one . I will have to drop off pics next time I am at the lake

f_inscreenname 11-12-2013 07:41 PM

You all put on a good show. Thanks!

marine concepts 11-12-2013 07:41 PM

I would love to see the pics!

TYPHOON 11-12-2013 07:58 PM

Great job racing !!!! Its not easy at that level but im sure you know where the bar is now. Next year is now with in your reach. Go get them. I loved watching the race.
MD

FlyenBrian 11-12-2013 08:10 PM

Boat was beautiful and got captured in some of the best photo's for the whole week. Kudos's for taking a run at it! There are worst ways to make a pile of money disappear in a week!:)

Singapore-Boater 11-12-2013 09:36 PM

[QUOTE=marine concepts;4025948], .................when you throw that boat in a corner at almost 150mph the way I do,........

Taking a corner at 150mph?

Can you help the world understand how that can that be factual, when your average lap speeds was only: 96.5 ( 77.11, 108.98 & 102.96)

Since the Superboat Extreme class winner was limited to a Max Speed of 117mph, and the winner had an average lap speeds of 95 mph , it make is a mathematical mystery ,how you could be going into a "corner at 150mph".

Your boat looks amazing with the paint job, congrats to Visual Imagination

Sydwayz 11-12-2013 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by marine concepts (Post 4025948)
Motors had nothing to do with the fire, when you throw that boat in a corner at almost 150mph the way I do, the motors are trying to be ripped out of the side of the boat. What happened was, the engine mount bolts sheared off, the motor fell and the header was laying against the side of the boat, the water lines was pinched off and I kept running it with no water pressure. Now a smart person would have pulled over when all the red lights were going of on the dash, but not me, I kept going til I couldn't go no more, I never dreamed it would catch fire. Not smart on my part :(

We were on the pier and could see you did not have any water coming out of that side of the boat. I figured you had an internal leak and were just running through it expecting bilge pumps to cover it. Live and learn! :D The boat looked great and will surely be competitive next year as I'm willing to bet you will not have 1200s next season. :drink: