Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Launch ramp in St. Joseph, MI??? >

Launch ramp in St. Joseph, MI???

Notices

Launch ramp in St. Joseph, MI???

Old 08-08-2002, 10:50 PM
bigblock

Default Launch ramp in St. Joseph, MI???

Any recomendations for launching in St. Joseph, MI? Also any sites to see in that area and the best place to swim off the boat?

Thanks,
FM

Old 08-08-2002, 11:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are 2 you can use to get to the lake. One is in St Joe by Brian's Marina on the "island' near Pier 33. The other is off Riverview drive in Benton Harbor. I call that one the ghetto drop, but it's the one I use. Sites to see.....hmmmmmmmm... Uh, er, uh....LOL! There is a lot to do, you can go to Barney's, tie to teh wall and walk up to town and a good place to anchor is Grand Mere beach. It's South of the piers (don't recall how far), but it's before the Nuclear plant and you'll see all the boats and the dunes from the water. Or you can hang out at Silver Beach which is just south of the piers. Tiscornia is the beach North.

South Haven is a 20 minute ride (at 55 or so) and New Buffalo is about the same. KAAAMA likes to hit Warren Dunes area and hang out on the sand bar That is south from Grand Mere beach as well. Grand Mere has a nice tall dune to climb that will whip you right into shape. Or kill you. LOL!

Mark
Old 08-08-2002, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The states DNR ramp is a nice place to launch, it's in Benton Harbor off Main St. on Riverview Dr. The other ramp is on the island in St. Joe, off Anchors Way, a little quiter but the current can be a little tricky if you have a 30' plus boat. Places to swim, theres so many, Silver Beach is just South of the pier heads, also 4-5 miles South of pier heads is Grand Mere usually tons of boats. When are you coming down, Sat we have a wedding but we'll be out Sunday we have a 32' Active Thunder, white with purple, blue and red on it, stop by and say hi. Steve
Old 08-08-2002, 11:18 PM
bigblock

Thanks for the info, we're planning for next Sat. 8/24. Looking forward to run on Lk MI! I know the DNR sites on Erie (near my marina) are nice, I try the one you recomended...

FM

Old 08-08-2002, 11:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

LOL! Steve. You must be on some really slow internet connection over there. Or maybe they knocked out phone lines with the construction. LOL! gotta love these Stevensville screamin' fast 28k connections.

We'll see ya Sunday. I think we're leaving the boat at WB Sat night.

big block,
We have a 32 Fountain that's dark blue, purple,magenta. It's the only half sunk go-fast boat in St Joe. Looks like we'll be out all weekend. Steve's got a point on the currents at the St Joe Ramp. They can be tricky, especially if it's windy.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:22 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by bigblock
Thanks for the info, we're planning for next Sat. 8/24. Looking forward to run on Lk MI! I know the DNR sites on Erie (near my marina) are nice, I try the one you recomended...

FM
FM,
Are you staying the night? Or just for the day?
Mark
Old 08-08-2002, 11:30 PM
bigblock

32 fever,

Looks like we will just spend the day on the water. I have a 29 Powerquest named 'Sea you later'.

How is KAAMA's boat running? I spoke with him some time ago as he got my old drive showers. Haven't heard how it runs on the water, it should scream.

Frank

Old 08-08-2002, 11:43 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally posted by bigblock
32 fever,

Looks like we will just spend the day on the water. I have a 29 Powerquest named 'Sea you later'.

How is KAAMA's boat running? I spoke with him some time ago as he got my old drive showers. Haven't heard how it runs on the water, it should scream.

Frank
Well, a little birdy told me he had one motor in and the other one not in, so it should be pretty soon. So, he MAY be in that weekend, cause he was buying more parts a couple days ago. Before he "redid" it the most recent time, it WAS screaming, and sounded awesome.

Looks like we won't run into you. We won't be out that Sat the 24th. Chadd from the board is getting married and we're going to that during the day. He just HAD to ruin a day of boating. LOL! Then my wife's class reunion is that night and she's the one planning it. Care to switch places with me? If wifey has enough wine, she'll never know I'm not there. LOL!

ROCKETMAN should be out though.
Old 08-08-2002, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey Frank,
I haven't had my boat in the water all summer yet! Been putting it back together all this time. Actually, my boat just might be done by the weekend you plan to visit---but I wouldn't hold my breath. Engines are ready to drop in, just need to finish up rigging in the new Keith Eickert coalesant fuel filters, mount engine hatch actuator, mount oil coolers, and mount ignition boxes. I would say another 12 man hours or so and she should be ready to rock. Anyway, if it is ready I will probably bring it down to St. Joe. Can't really miss my boat---it's an all white 32' Active Thunder with yellow on the sides, checkerd flag graphics on the faring/wind screen, air scoops on the engine hatch, and the name "KAAMA" in big blue letters on the sides and a real sweet rumble from my Stellings.

BTW, what brings you down this way?----and what does your boat look like so we know what to look for?

Last edited by KAAMA; 08-09-2002 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:08 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Shoot---missed the discription of your boat ----I guess it's getting late and I'm falling asleep at the computer ( again) anyway, I gotch ya covered on the discription of your boat. Hopefully I will be in the water by that time ( and one more time)

Quick Reply: Launch ramp in St. Joseph, MI???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.