Notices

winter prop work

Old 12-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 4,295 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by FIXX
+1 john and his son are the best in my area and they dont treat you like a customer,they treat you like a true friend..its not all about business with them and they are way reasonable then others and their quality of work is by far perfect every time..
+2 he answers his phone and returns calls. I know crazy right!?!?
Old 12-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 46 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
I have 2 sets of mirage + 25's for my boat. Now you guys have tossing the idea around about sending one set to Blades and a set to another........ See what happens..... Run them both on same day back to back

I'll wait see the winter special
Love it!
How should we monitor the before and after results?

Brett

Last edited by bbladesprops; 12-06-2013 at 09:28 PM. Reason: good idea
Old 12-06-2013, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

We've had good luck with general propeller in Sarasota

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513813[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513814[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513815[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails winter prop work-image.jpg   winter prop work-image.jpg   winter prop work-image.jpg  

Old 12-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bbladesprops
Love it!
How should we monitor the before and after results?

Brett
I have one set that's Dinged up I will send ya and I have a stock set..... When it gets warm ill run those back to back.... Then I will send the stock set out ... When I get them back ill run them with yours back to back. I will record it all on my iPhone.......... Unless I can find one more set of 25+'s then I could due all 3 same day.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Registered

OMG Premier what the hell did you hit??

Nice after shot thou for sure!
Old 12-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
OMG Premier what the hell did you hit??

Nice after shot thou for sure!
Nothing other than each other surprisingly. Very concerning but we recently realized that if the center drive is trimmed even slightly higher than the outer drives, the tie bars will pull the outer drives in and especially on turns, the props will hit each other. So after they were repaired, I took the boat out on Thanksgiving evening to make sure all was good before our fun run on Saturday. Paid very close attention to the trim indicators and then this Did it again, although not as bad. Can't rely on the mechanical indicators anymore so switching out to Livorsi LED. The mechanical cable indicators are not precise enough. We were still able to make the run since they weren't badly damaged but then blew a transmission lol. It's always something. Props are back at general propeller and getting cyborg transmissions/ livorsi indicators. Hopefully no issues from here on out

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513852[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513853[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails winter prop work-image.jpg   winter prop work-image.jpg  
Old 12-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Registered

Wow.... Have you ever heard of this problem befor? There has to be way to prevent that
Old 12-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Registered

We bought the boat in 2009 and ran it dozens of times with no issues. Then we dinged all 3 props about 2 years ago slightly but thought we got tangled in some crab buoys. Thought nothing of it until recently when all 3 were tore up again. We had just gone to barnacle Phil's which is very shallow and thought we hit bottom. But later realized that when I was in the shallow water, I trimmed the center drive higher to avoid hitting the bottom and the props hit. I've tried searching it but found nothing on the forums about others having this problem with triples. But then again, there aren't a whole lot of boats out there to begin with that have triple NXT or number 6's. There were 3 Donzis with triple NXT's, 2 Nortechs with triple NXT (that I know of), couple Fountains, some 50 Nortechs with triple 6's and all the first gen Cig 50. According to Doug Valentine, it's a known problem for triples but I haven't found much. My only thought on a fix is to have very accurate trim indicators and possibly go smaller diameter on the center prop. These props cost too much money to be having them tore up like this.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:54 PM
Registered

Wow I`m crying just thinking about those props being tore up, and doing it twice!
They did an amazing job fixing them thats for sure!
Old 12-07-2013, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Nothing other than each other surprisingly. Very concerning but we recently realized that if the center drive is trimmed even slightly higher than the outer drives, the tie bars will pull the outer drives in and especially on turns, the props will hit each other. So after they were repaired, I took the boat out on Thanksgiving evening to make sure all was good before our fun run on Saturday. Paid very close attention to the trim indicators and then this Did it again, although not as bad. Can't rely on the mechanical indicators anymore so switching out to Livorsi LED. The mechanical cable indicators are not precise enough. We were still able to make the run since they weren't badly damaged but then blew a transmission lol. It's always something. Props are back at general propeller and getting cyborg transmissions/ livorsi indicators. Hopefully no issues from here on out

[ATTACH=CONFIG]513852[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]513853[/ATTACH]
wow so that explains the blown trans trend!.. i would run a smaller diameter and bigger pitch prop on the center drive..that really sucks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.