anyone heard of cobra boats??? >

anyone heard of cobra boats???

Notices

anyone heard of cobra boats???

Old 11-05-2002, 08:08 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if they are being laid up on Rt 9 in Beachwood, NJ or if they are just being rigged there. All the boats are fishing orientated, anywhere from 36' down to a guessing 20' cat. The name on the boats is "COBRA" like the ones raced up here in the North East in the 90's. Not sure if it is the same owners or not but it is the molds and the boats.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a '96 30 Ft. Cobra w/ twin '99 Merc 300 hp Promaxs. I had it listed in the classifieds section in the late summer and had alot of interest. Unfortunately, I got my chain pulled by a tire kicker and didn't follow up w/ others. My ad expired and I haven't had a hance to relist it. It is currently on ebay w/ a low reserve. See it at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eb...tem=1871986583 .
Old 11-05-2002, 09:35 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes that is still Peter Casini's boats that are on Rte 9. I have seen him there setting up shop. There is no way they would be building the boats there. I believe they only picked up that location for sales & rigging. Too many homes close by to put up with the fumes of building boats.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-06-2002, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 30'cobra terminator project. Previous owner had set it up for raceing and did alterations [moved engines foward,stand off boxes custom engine hatch ect.] he said he had the boat going 117mph with twinn 540hps. He decided to move fuel tanks foward and removed the floor and disassembled the boat and thats how I bought it. I'm in the process of putting it back to pleasure boat. I can say that these are very well built boats. Every material that cobra used in building the hull is top grade. The hull and deck is balsa cored and I found alot of kevlar used in the hull. I replaced some bulkheads that were cut when the engines were moved foward and found good grade plywod was used when built. They seem to have been built light and strong. They are a great looking boat too. I cant wait to drive it.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:48 PM
Registered

Yeah, sorry about that. You can just go to ebay and enter the item # or search under boats. Sorry.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

come,on 2Ks,me,plumber,and vinny want to race u!!! guess who will win? tripps
Old 11-07-2002, 10:02 PM
Registered

Can't let a thread about Cobra go by without puttin' in my .02! I've now had my Terminator for one year with no problems. Everything I've seen, felt, and expereinced says this boat is built well and it's a heck of a lot of fun. Those that know me from the board have probably seen my boat. If not, here's a link to some pics!

http://community.webshots.com/user/jbrauertn

Two K's - How's the project coming along? Hope it'll see water next year!!!

Last edited by jbrauer; 09-17-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:05 PM
Registered

Catmando, I had an ad on OSO in the late summer and will relist if it doesn't go on ebay. When on OSO, I was at $59000 or b/o, my reserve on ebay is much lower. I need to sell in order to be ready to buy at the upcoming boat shows.
Old 11-08-2002, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Tripps I hear Plumber is at it again!! Cool! Hey Jeff, hows things. Your boat looks great as usual I,m making a balsa cored engine hatch with mopar proscoops for mine now. Starting to get cold here but still at it. Looks like a real nice boat fatdaddys selling
Old 11-10-2002, 09:37 AM
waterwitch688

Thumbs up

Hey guys,
Just wanted to give you an update in response to locations. I know when we were in NJ seeing our boat Cobra has a small rigging shop and sales location in Beachwod. We also went to the manufacturing plant that is near Camden. It was impressive! they are also building boats for the military and other police agencies. Cobra has another location also. (didn't go there though) I know that our dealings with the factory were positive and if anyone is looking to get info on them we will be glad to help out! Our sales rep. did say that Cobra had a large facility that they had purchased near Egg Harbor because they had outgrown the two locations they were in originally. He stated that after getting settled into the facility the zoning was yanked from them and they had to relocate once again. I believe they build a great boat and quality is definately there. I am glad to see they are doing what they do best which is building boats! If anyone wants any pic's of our new Cobra let me know and I will send them your way. Went fishing yesterday in our boat and we loved it! Had a great time and actually caught some for a change!
Waterwitch688

Quick Reply: anyone heard of cobra boats???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.