Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   anyone heard of cobra boats??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30611-anyone-heard-cobra-boats.html)

mattyboy 08-10-2002 09:04 AM

anyone heard of cobra boats???

I saw one the other day a center console cat probably a 25 or 26
footer, twin yammies a real nice looking ride?
so what's the story?

Mattyboy

Ted G 08-10-2002 10:42 AM

They have a 30ish footer that will do 100+ with 300 Promaxs. Seem pretty well made. But I don't know anyone that has one.

Waterfoul 08-10-2002 10:48 AM

OSO member AdvantageRob has one with twin OB. Runs on Lake St. Clair, MI. There is a yellow one cruising around LOTO also with twin OB.

cobra marty 08-10-2002 11:14 AM

They were built in NJ by Peter Casini In the early 90's raced and did very well with o/b and i/o's. He tried to sell pleasure version 30' true tunnel cat 8'6" kevlar with o/b and single and twin i/o's. The bottom and lines are very similiar to a Chris Cat with s more sleek deck. At that time a cat was a tough sell so he cut out the center and made a center console fishing boat with his race proven/winning bottom and dropped the pleasure boat. He did fairly well selling mostly to FL where they would fish 100 miles offshore and with the cobra it would get there and back in 3 hours and fish for 5 hours verses 5 hours to get there and fish for 3 hours. THey got longer fishing time and if the weather change they could be back to port before it got really bad. He did build a 35' pleasure and fishing boat. He went bankrupt in the last year or two. He had a good boat but a bad business man. Either him or the lawyer are starting up again.

I have a '98 Terminator 3000 as they were calledpleasure boat. With stock 502 it did 80-85mph and with supercharger it does right at 100mph with one engine. I bought it because it was the biggest single engine cat. Fast, safe, get me out of trouble, at 100 not at its peak. Supposidly a twin i/o ran 127mph many years ago.

I have one, TwoKK's, JBraurer all have the pleasure one. There are many fishing models for sale in the boattrader.com.

Hauling Trash 08-10-2002 11:50 AM

If i go down the block from me about (1 mile) They build them in beachwood N.J

cobra marty 08-10-2002 11:58 AM

Mike-- WHo is building them now? I thought they were in Egg Harbor or is that the same. They were at an old 7-up distribution building. No more plearure versions?

mattyboy 08-10-2002 05:10 PM

Cobra marty,
I think you hit the nail on the head, i met Peter Cassini the other night he was driving the boat, and they had a bass type boat as well with a 300 promax that did high 80's he said they build the boats in south jersey, he was up ay my lake running some tests.
seems like a good guy, he's real interested in my 1967 donzi.
he said they're building boats for the police as well.

Mattyboy

cobra marty 08-10-2002 07:39 PM

His 20' bass fishing cat looks pretty neat. Flat deck and you sit in the spnsons. Check site sometimes it works. www.cobraboats.com

waterwitch688 11-04-2002 10:01 PM

Hey there gentlemen!
Just wanted to drop a line and say my husband and I just got our new 3100 Cobra Predator with twin 300's. She was delivered yesterday and all I can say is wow!!!
My husband took a ride in the small one ya'll are talking about and he said it was fast but wouldn't allow you to take more then two or three out.
The Predator is great she screams for speed and the fish ability is fantastic. We ended up outfitting our Cobra for fish and pleasure. By the way the factory has two locations where we were able to visit and see our boat while it was in production. I can only say they are certainly not out of business.

Waterwitch688

Cat Girl 11-05-2002 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If you're in the market for a 30' Cat, check out our 30' AeroTek in the classifieds under "MISC CATS". It's great in rough water, runs about 85 mph with 3 Johnson V8's and has a big cabin. The boat has been completely rerigged, has a new floor, new interior, new paint, etc. We're selling it because we got a 28' Skater. The Aerotek is a good party, poker run boat while the Skater is a go-fast, no frills boat.

Cat Girl has attached this image: