Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   format change (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/306121-format-change.html)

mike tkach 12-07-2013 09:24 AM

format change

oso went to the new format 6 months ago.a lot of people including myself did not like it and at least 1 guy quit the site because of it.now the old format is a distant memory but i now like the current format.how do you guys feel about it now?

glassdave 12-07-2013 09:55 AM

its not about the format as much as it is the people here :cool:

I had faith although i was not initially to fond of the change. Mostly little things though like the way the quick navigation flyout works.

the deep 12-07-2013 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by mike tkach (Post 4038015)
oso went to the new format 6 months ago.a lot of people including myself did not like it and at least 1 guy quit the site because of it.now the old format is a distant memory but i now like the current format.how do you guys feel about it now?

Artie didn't quit , just took a vacation . He's here but doesn't post much . He is a better dude than given credit for around here , really loves our sport and has contributed to offshore racing as a safety boat . There is much more to Artie than meets the keyboard and those that are so quick to bash will never know . I'm happy to say he is a personal friend of mine and we speak on the phone often . Like sometimes happens to ALL of us he has had some bad chit happen in his personal life in the recent past and we really need to give him a pass . Is this not how a brotherhood works , when in need I've got your back .

314joey 12-07-2013 12:30 PM

I can get used to about anything, like g-dave said, it's more about the people and how they act and lately their hasn't been as much silliness.

mike tkach 12-07-2013 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by the deep (Post 4038074)
Artie didn't quit , just took a vacation . He's here but doesn't post much . He is a better dude than given credit for around here , really loves our sport and has contributed to offshore racing as a safety boat . There is much more to Artie than meets the keyboard and those that are so quick to bash will never know . I'm happy to say he is a personal friend of mine and we speak on the phone often . Like sometimes happens to ALL of us he has had some bad chit happen in his personal life in the recent past and we really need to give him a pass . Is this not how a brotherhood works , when in need I've got your back .

i was not slamming artie,i thought he was ok but wore his heart on his sleeve.sometimes you need thick skin around here espically in wintertime.

HEDGEHOGER 12-07-2013 10:57 PM

Haha all very true most b****ed for about a week and revolution was about to occur but now every one got used to it and the changes were all for the better great job oso !!!

Griff 12-08-2013 01:02 AM

Pretty much the same thing has happened every time OSO had any major changes to the board.

Payton 12-08-2013 07:36 AM

I got used to the changes soon enough. OSO is still the main website I go to.

Orthobam 12-08-2013 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by 314joey (Post 4038107)
I can get used to about anything, like g-dave said, it's more about the people and how they act and lately their hasn't been as much silliness.

There is plenty of silliness. Look at the OL thread. Almost a fist fight by now.

Originally Posted by Payton (Post 4038520)
OSO is still the main website I go to.

OSO - best site for information. Anything form destinations (storing your boat in Florida), technical (converting my engines to EFI), and new products (40' Mystic build)

P B N - not enough members yet but picking up momentum. Best threads on the boating lifestyle. One of the poker run threads had several hundred large pictures all posted at once (not a few teasers here and there every day or so). After that thread I felt like I had been there with them. I can't recall any drama I have read.

M W B P - favorite site because it's all the people I get to see every weekend at LOTO!

All 3 provide hours of entertainment and help me get through these long winters. 2" of snow last night so I'll probably check all 3 sites about 100 times each today :)

pullmytrigger 12-08-2013 04:22 PM

Trying to post a pic is ridiculous now. So bad I didnt renew