Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What do you think the best Cat build today is? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/306126-what-do-you-think-best-cat-build-today.html)

precisiondetails 12-07-2013 12:10 PM

What do you think the best Cat build today is?

Obviously coping this from the V bottom thread posted, why not do cats to? Hey it's winter and it Just snowed here in Northern California!! What the heck, I don't see white stuff on the ground ever!! Lol

I personally am very excited to see the new 40 Mystic. Overall Im a Skater fan, but have respect for MTI and others as well. Just thought we could hear from the guys that own them!

Remember in all posts we can't tell the tone of voice, so lets just make it a fun argument!!

Ps- it's gonna be a great weekend for Football, happy weekend everyone

the deep 12-07-2013 12:31 PM

I'll let it to those that have actually caressed these fine speed machines with their own hands and have floated them in the most extreme conditions to describe each brand . I can say I love my little Warlock but alas they are extinct as a builder . Carry on .

caseyh 12-07-2013 01:09 PM

Can we get a list on who's building cats
OL ,skater,MTI,mystic, ultra,Nordic,eliminator what else is being built?

precisiondetails 12-07-2013 01:12 PM

Do we dare count center pods?

thirdchildhood 12-07-2013 01:19 PM

I had thought that MTI was going to walk away with this one but Skater has stepped up. I'd say either of those two if I were in the market. JMO of course.

ChrisL 12-07-2013 01:28 PM

The 50 foot Mystic My Way is current speed record holder for turbine class. But I don't know much about one vs the other so this should be an interesting thread as well.

speicher lane 12-07-2013 01:45 PM

Fit and Finish goes to Skater IMO + all the other positives they are renowned for.....

the deep 12-07-2013 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by precisiondetails (Post 4038136)
Do we dare count center pods?

Ha ha ha ha , we always have SOMETHING to scrap about . Center pods have their place . I have rocked some pretty torn up water with ease and the ride of a Cattylac . If you watch my vid Sunset Run it gives you an idea just how flat and stable a pod cat will run . Granted the water in that vid is far from being torn up but I do cross some wakage and the Warlock barely moves . As far as my favorite cat builder , unless I have experienced a ride in each I must reserve judgement lest I become one of OSO's self proclaimed experts....:party-smiley-004:

timewarp 12-07-2013 01:50 PM

I think you have to include Doug Wright in this discussion, depending on what size cat you are talking about.

speicher lane 12-07-2013 01:54 PM

They're all good if they are paid for and running hard - LOL