Bored with Boating in Central Texas >

Bored with Boating in Central Texas

Notices

Bored with Boating in Central Texas

Old 08-09-2002, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bored with Boating in Central Texas

Now that just about eveything has been fixed, replaced, upgraded, paid for, etc. on my 1994 26' Thoroughbred I've had it out maybe three times this summer and it starts easy, runs fast and does all the things it's supposed to do.

And I could care less. The local Poker Runs are a joke, the lake is only 60 miles long, and over the years I've been to every restaurant and swam in every cove on the water in Austin, been to the coast a time or two (a three hour tow), and points beyond.

And I don't want another boat project. I'd rather ride my bike.

So now I've got this awesome boat, what do I do with it?

(PS - this was originally under Technical Q&A by mistake.)
Old 08-09-2002, 12:45 PM
Registered

Location: Kentucky - where the women are so fast we have to put a governor on 'em!!

Give the boat to me!!

Just havin' fun with ya - you kind of set yourself up for it with this post! Personally, I'm far too busy with new house/wife/baby and old cars/truck/boat to be bored. Being bored sounds pretty nice to me!

Good luck!~
Old 08-09-2002, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Join a local boat club. Thats what we did. I bought a boat and quickly became bored with going to the same river and the same bars. I joined a boat club and its been great. Met a lot of great people that we do things with that are not even boat related. Our club has about a dozen organized cruises a year. Some are short and sweet but others are long. I never would consider going to some of the places we go alone. With the club nobody gets left behind if there is a problem. Plus the club has a meeting once a month that gets you out of the house. The meetings are a great place to talk about boats and places to go.

We just went on a trip with the club from just south of Baton Rouge, LA to Biloxi MS by water. Four hours running time at 40 mph. Spent the night in a hotel. Some people stayed on their boats. Went on a group cruise the next day to a cool out of the way resturant for food and beverages. Went back to the hotel and partied went to bed and made the 4 hour return trip by water the next day. Now thats interesting boating!

Ron
Old 08-09-2002, 01:07 PM
Registered

I'm chuckling because it's just the opposite for me. I bought a nice bike that I hardly ever ride cause I'd rather be boating! I don't have a trailer for this boat so we pretty much just boat at LOTO unless we go with someone else. When I had a trailer for the last boat, I got tired of hauling it all over the place. Now that I didn't get one, we want one . Want to hit some different poker runs around the country, maybe even leave the boat in FL for the winter. Just got back from boating in Cheasapeake Bay, what a blast.

My advise is if you get bored where you're at, get out to some of the good poker runs. Spend some weekends on the bike too, if that's what you like. Gotta play with all the toys or they get jealous!
Old 08-09-2002, 01:09 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

having a biek is all that saved me this summer. No boat as of yet and my new engine that was already delayed 3 months tried to eat itself on the dyno last week....

Yeah the bike's not boating but it seams to work as a quick fix interum toy.
Old 08-09-2002, 01:17 PM
Moon_nites

Default TEXOMA OR PK LAKE!

Hey JohnJan:

Have you given Lake Texoma a thought to check out! There are plenty of hi-po boats here and there are the islands where everyone hangs out. Or, come up to Possum Kingdom lake. PK has some nice scenery and a big party area there to! Either one would be a good one! Give it a thought.

Old 08-09-2002, 02:18 PM
Registered

RJ, please don't get john started about local boating clubs.
Old 08-09-2002, 02:59 PM
Registered

Sorry,

Did he have a bad experience or something? Just trying to share what helped for me.

Ron
Old 08-09-2002, 03:10 PM
Registered

2 issues:

1) john is GDI = god damn independent

2) john doesn't feel the lake travis boat club shares his same vision.

i'm speaking for john, but he can clarify himself when he comes back on.
Old 08-09-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

Check your email Dredge.

Ron

Quick Reply: Bored with Boating in Central Texas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.