Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Cigarette, superior to EVERYTHING on the sea! >

Cigarette, superior to EVERYTHING on the sea!

Notices

Cigarette, superior to EVERYTHING on the sea!

Old 12-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

do the fountain followers really like how they look? they are great boats for sure (run great, efficient, etc) but i couldnt get over the beak when i was shopping. it looks horrible. no offense. like comparing japanese/korean car styling to german/italian. there is no comparison. i couldnt fathom buying a boat that i didnt think looked sexy. all subjective of course.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

you made the right choice!! when i was shopping i looked at a few 35 fountains but i wanted a boat that was bigger than the 28 Pantera i had
Old 12-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNzqL_RJlG0
Originally Posted by Rick G
It was very thoughtful of "Mildthunder " to post a video demonstrating just how much better a Cigarette handles rough water.
Let me be the first to say Thank you.
Rick G.
Heres another shot at the Cig trying to pass me at the 3:00 minute mark. Now, keep in mind, we both have SSM 4 drives at almost equal depth. Both non stepped old hulls. Cig has Blown 540's, Dart heads, with 8-71's making 6psi. The Fountain has Blown 454's, with Dart heads, and B&M blowers making 6psi. Pretty damn good matchup between a couple old turds if you ask me. We have a blast running together. There is no question the Fountain is a lighter, shorter, and more of a drivers boat, and the Cig does ride very well. My Cockpit is larger, his cabin is larger. That was not what I consider "rough" water, if it were, Mikey wouldn't have been holding the Gopro with one hand. That was fun water. Video would have been a lot less shakey with the camera mounted to the boat. Keep in mind the guy in my back seat owns a beautiful 38 Flatdeck with 800's, and the guy shooting the video has an awesome 37 Active Thunder (which is another great riding boat). They both had a ball that day, lots of smiles, even if it was riding in a "Fountain". Also, I have helped Dan with the red Cig get that thing running great, and next summer, with some things we are doing now, I think he just might be posting videos of him passing me. And when he does, he will get a big thumbs up from me.

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 12-21-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-21-2013, 12:15 PM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Biggus;4045404]You see, that's the 'nose in the air' attitude that only a Cigarette perfects, oh so well.

Looks like poor balance and too much trim to me..................................kidding
Old 12-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Heres a video of that buttery smooth Cigarette ride you guys are talking about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzc8hMHGdcw
Old 12-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

honestly if your not in a fountain, your always comparing to a fountain. whats up with that?
Old 12-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNzqL_RJlG0 Heres another shot at the Cig trying to pass me at the 3:00 minute mark. Now, keep in mind, we both have SSM 4 drives at almost equal depth. Both non stepped old hulls. Cig has Blown 540's, Dart heads, with 8-71's making 6psi. The Fountain has Blown 454's, with Dart heads, and B&M blowers making 6psi. Pretty damn good matchup between a couple old turds if you ask me. We have a blast running together. There is no question the Fountain is a lighter, shorter, and more of a drivers boat, and the Cig does ride very well. My Cockpit is larger, his cabin is larger. That was not what I consider "rough" water, if it were, Mikey wouldn't have been holding the Gopro with one hand. That was fun water. Video would have been a lot less shakey with the camera mounted to the boat. Keep in mind the guy in my back seat owns a beautiful 38 Flatdeck with 800's, and the guy shooting the video has an awesome 37 Active Thunder (which is another great riding boat). They both had a ball that day, lots of smiles, even if it was riding in a "Fountain". Also, I have helped Dan with the red Cig get that thing running great, and next summer, with some things we are doing now, I think he just might be posting videos of him passing me. And when he does, he will get a big thumbs up from me.
Another Cig snuffed out in da ash tray.........
Old 12-21-2013, 06:36 PM
mmb
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by later
honestly if your not in a fountain, your always comparing to a fountain. whats up with that?
I will worry when people walk up to my boat and say... "Is that one of them fountain boats"

What do you say when they ask if you have one them Cigarette boats?
Old 12-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

You guys have it all wrong!!!! This is my plan, put my old heavy Cig in the water that only runs 55 mph on gps turn the meat locker A/C on, Open the hatches, and turn on the l.e.ds, Then turn into the biggest boat biotch weather its on a Cig, Apache, Outerlimits, or Fountain. This way i can get wasted and maybe just have to tie up or set the anchor. Then after a day of fun in the sun go back to the docks drink some more and at 1 or 2 in the morning have a loudest engine rev party and crawl into the meat locker and pass out!

Rock what ya got!!!! who cares
Old 12-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://youtu.be/OagiZe646Pw

a Little engine noise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.