Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Newbie question-280zt Checkmate-what's it worth >

Newbie question-280zt Checkmate-what's it worth

Notices

Newbie question-280zt Checkmate-what's it worth

Old 12-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the Boat Mirage30. He has been trying to sell it through a broker down here (That's the guy on ebay). The boat market is soft right now in Florida and he has had it listed for two months.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:16 AM
Registered

I dont think the NADA value is very accurate on boats. I would say it is way low.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Registered

I agree hadleycat. According to NADA nothing I own is worth anything! :-)
Old 12-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So looks like you will have to buy a trailer too. mmmmm
Shop around some more winter is a great time to buy and sometimes worth a trip north of FL to get a fresh water boat. I'm not saying that boat isn't in good shape on the outside it's the internal water passages parts ran in salt that you can't see. 2014-1999= 15 years of corrosion you cant see from the outside. Even if you got into it at 15K if you had to do a motor or drive you way into it then.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
So looks like you will have to buy a trailer too. mmmmm
Shop around some more winter is a great time to buy and sometimes worth a trip north of FL to get a fresh water boat. I'm not saying that boat isn't in good shape on the outside it's the internal water passages parts ran in salt that you can't see. 2014-1999= 15 years of corrosion you cant see from the outside. Even if you got into it at 15K if you had to do a motor or drive you way into it then.
I hear ya! Thank you for the advice and suggestions Velocity Vector!
Old 12-31-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered

mr blue,yes i am from Germany but i am very often in the us,the most of the time in cape coral.
I know the market a little bit
why it was only 1 bid on ebay?!!!!!
Thats what i think about this-----if u like it and u have a good feeling-take it.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mirage30
mr blue,yes i am from Germany but i am very often in the us,the most of the time in cape coral.
I know the market a little bit
why it was only 1 bid on ebay?!!!!!
Thats what i think about this-----if u like it and u have a good feeling-take it.
Good question Mirage30. This owner seems like a straight shooter to me with many receipts to back up all maintenance. I am going to sea trial the boat this weekend and have my mechanic do a compression test and leakdown test. If I feel good after those tests then I will make the decision then. The trailer is not important as I am going to keep it at a marina where they forklift it in and out for me when I want to use it.

Thank you again for the suggestions. Happy New Year! Don
Old 12-31-2013, 02:50 PM
Registered

I've been watching that boat on CL......looks to be a very clean ZT280. I really like the colors and graphics. If the engine checks out, I think low 20s is a fair price for the boat.

Good luck-
Old 12-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

no trailer and previously painted bottom = tough sell
It is clean looking however...
Old 12-31-2013, 09:46 PM
Registered
VIP Member

There is a bunch of stuff that will be out there this winter and if you will keep your eyes open there will be a deal somewhere. The main thing is to GET A SURVEY!! I am talking about a boat survey and an engine survey. They are two very different things and the engine is probably the most important. Boat may look great but a little metal in the gear case or corrosion inside the motor or leaky cylinder and all of a sudden you are into this thing for $30K. Any good HP Marine mechanic shouldn't charge you over a couple hundred bucks for a thorough going over of everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.