Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thank You Chicago--Racine run attendees! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30694-thank-you-chicago-racine-run-attendees.html)

candyman35 08-11-2002 10:14 PM

Thank You Chicago--Racine run attendees!

Thank you everyone for making this a great run. I had a blast! This is my second attempt at a long post. My computer lost the first one.:mad: I guess individual posts are sometimes best. Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone. I think you would need a whole weekend to meet everyone that was there.

Jafo,
Sorry you had the trailer problems. I would have liked to have met you and seen your boat. Hopefully Pat gets you all squared away Monday.

SmilingBob,
Sorry your boat had the case of the gremlins. It got a little crazy when we got to NP. I should have been back in the pack with you guys. I'm glad you got towed in ok.

Cigwille
Bill, always glad to have you aboard the beaked boat.

Mr. Cig and Patti,
Thanks for getting the Hammond bunch together. "Top Gun" the 42' Fountain and Mike's beautiful Formula; that Payton thought was me and Cigwille! NO BEAK = No Candyman! ;) Wish I had that third motor though.

Payton
Mark, it was really nice to finally be able to run with you. The ride home was a blast and the topper was the low flying plane that buzzed us with his smoke on (could it have been mosquito repellent?).

RV,
Thank you for all the help getting things organized. Sorry we ran so late! Next time you guys come down our way and we'll wait for you.;)

Quiet Storm,
You win the most water miles traveled. He came from South Haven to run with us. That Checkmate runs real strong. Beautiful boat, brings back memories for me, love those Checkmate’s!

Intolerant1,
You looked like your boat handled the waves great. I wish I had some pictures of my old 20' Rinker on bad days. Good luck with your surgery.

Boatfreak28,
You win the furthest distance traveled. He is 20 miles south of Indy! That's a dedicated OSO member. Anyone looking for a great rough-water single-engine boat should look at the 28' AT. Your boat looked great in the rough stuff.

Back4More, Rich, Jan, Joeyoffshore, Ms. Cig and Zomminfun,
Are Chicago play pen group. Three Awesome boats! Mark you win the award for the most restraint with new HP. Check out the pictures of his new motors in the Fountain section. The Cigarette group was even gracious enough to let me, a Fountain, raft off of them. ;)

ActiveThunderTodd and Consintracy,
It was good to see you guys again. Pictures do not do your boat justice. That paint is SWEET! Did AT do the paint or was it custom?

I think it was 28ss,
Quote of day by Cigwille," How big was the shoe horn to get those two supercharged 500's in there?" Nice boat!

42SS,
Beautiful Sonic. I wish I had it for the ride home.

Zanie,
Nice to meet you. If your ever down our way we'll have to try to hook up at Alsip.

Wally,
Thanks for taking all of the pictures. You need to teach me the 101 basics on how to take good pictures. BTW, I saw Stress Test today in the pen and he still was running. lol

SidebySide,
You guys win the shortest mileage traveled. There home port is Racine. It was nice to meet both of you and your new addition to the family. Picture clarifacation to follow shortly.

Stevel, RonS and all the others I didn't have enough time to meet, it was great to have you all there. Boating is a great sport with many really great people involved. It's my pleasure to be part of that family.

Dan

ActiveThunderTodd 08-11-2002 10:31 PM

Candyman,

Thanks to to and RV for puttin this together. Steve in the 42 Sonic
anchored in the cove to the norht of Northpoint. Next time we do this we should forgo the restaurant and just drop a hook and stnd in the cool water and get to know everyone.

The water (in my opinion) was perfect for some really fun running. See you all around next time.

Todd and Tracy

Payton 08-11-2002 10:48 PM

Candyman, that was a fun run. even the rough stuff. But, boy am I sore today!

Boatfreak and his crew drove at least 240 miles to get to Portage. I think he said they got up a 4:00 am to meet me about 8:10 along I65. He met some of the guys in our storage barn and got his AT all washed down before he took off. We got back to Portage about 7:15pm.

My passenger Doug, said he was so puckered after that ride to Northpoint he didn't think he'd be able to fart for a week!:eek: :D :D
He's used to a smaller boat and much calmer water.

SmilingBob 08-11-2002 10:59 PM

CandyMan:

I am not the Donzi 26 ZX that broke down, there was another 26 ZX. I made it safely both ways although a little worse for the wear on the way back. :p
To All:

Under members galleries SmilingBob are pics. of the docks up at Racine, I Hope that I got All of the boats that were there.

candyman35 08-11-2002 11:27 PM

ATT,
I agree. Next time we just stay in the water. Bring some food and beverages and hang out. The 42 had the right idea.
It was definitely smother than some of the Thunder Runs I was on.
Dan

candyman35 08-11-2002 11:32 PM

SmilingBob,
I'm glad that wasn't you. Did you know the other boat? Hope it wasn't too serious.

I need to check out your pictures latter tonight or tomorrow. I just got home from the Marina a few hours ago. I'm am going to sleep good tonight.

Dan

candyman35 08-11-2002 11:38 PM

Payton,
That's what offshore is all about. Looked like you guys were riding real good to me. I was feeling great until I ripped my knee open on my trailer this afternoon. Ouch!!!! So I sit here downsizing pictures with a big bag of ice on my knee.

Dan

SmilingBob 08-12-2002 08:34 AM

CandyMan:
The other Donzi belongs to 26ZX, I thought he said he blew his drive, he wouldn't know how bad and how much damage till he got it back home from Racine.

Back4More 08-12-2002 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A big thanks to you guys!!!
We had fun, especially Pat, the boat jumpin Videocam guy.
It cost me a rocker arm but we had a great day on the water.
We do need to do it again, maybe we could anchor in the shallows in a big group like ThunderTodd suggested.

Have 2 sets of Crane Golds on the way...Should be back 4 more this weekend.
:D

candyman35 08-12-2002 10:50 AM

I hate when that happens! Just keep a stockpile of spare parts around and you'll be fine. :p Your boat was sounding great! How long before you are fully BROKE in? Hope its back together by the weekend.
Dan