Trim Switch For Offshore Controls >

Trim Switch For Offshore Controls

Notices

Trim Switch For Offshore Controls

Old 01-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Katanna
Did you check to see if this one is still available? http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Th...imSwitches.htm
Nice find I will check on that one tomorrow, didn't know they made one.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
It's been over 10 yrs since I did that mod, but I believe I just bought some small wire, and then yes, soldered to the switch and ran thru the tube, down into the shifter base to be connected under the dash to the dash switches. This was for the tabs, so I needed the diode harness,#9 (x2) also. The tube for the wires I think was just brake tubing. I drilled a hole in the shifter knob base for tube to slip into for the wires to pass thru, and fastened the tube to the lever base. Or as smok'n gun mentioned, just use shrink wrap. I tried to copy the look of the factory levers, thus with the tube
Ok I appreciate the info man, thank you. Just glad I have some options now, as I didn't want to go with a steering wheel mount.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ealesh33
I actually contacted Marc, but I freaking hate email. It drives me absolutely nuts to email, and it takes 2 to 3 days to get answers to my questions. I am not the most patient person LOL. I couldn't find a number to reach him, but I will admit I didn't spend a ton of time looking. I emailed him probably mid afternoon, and I did get a response but it was at the end of the day. I sent back some questions so I guess we will be back at it tomorrow. Looking to iron this out farely quickly cause for some crazy reason I just want the projects to be done and my boat be ready for spring. Its the patience thing again lol. I am actually surprised I kept it together for the past 3 months working on the projects lol
It's that "Type A" personality kicking in...I'm the same way...some people think I'm dogging them but I'm not really...just trying to get the process completed step by step LOL!!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
heres a nice cheap way to do it ive done many like this.the older zero efforts without trim in handle can be converted easily .there is 2 screws under the cover on the throttle where the trim would go .remove those and drill a hole for the wires on the new switch to run down .i usually use a piece of black shrink tube and a small tie wrap to keep it in place.any ways the switch is on ebay great lakes skipper has em ive done many this way

ebay item # 400637260928
I need to look in to that...makes a lot of sense and sounds like it looks decent also.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
I need to look in to that...makes a lot of sense and sounds like it looks decent also.
for you it will work out good because it says formula on it. i saw another not wanting to use it because of the name.however with some thinner it will rub off /just so you know guys these are the fact switches formula used on their boats.great lakes skipper buys out left over stock
Old 01-07-2014, 07:36 AM
Registered

for you it will work out good because it says formula on it. i saw another not wanting to use it because of the name.however with some thinner it will rub off /just so you know guys these are the fact switches formula used on their boats.great lakes skipper buys out left over stock
I am also considering thumb relative access to the switch with my hand on the throttle, thats why i liked the rex marine or that dana marine one that is similar, because your thumb is basically in that spot when your hand is on the throttle. With the trim switch in the round portion of the handle it would seem that with your palm on the round portion of the lever you would have to readjust your hand to be able to reach your thumb back to hit the switch. That or put your hand in a location on the lever that makes your thumb relative to the switch.

Have you rubbed the "Formula" off of this switch before? If so how well did that work? Did it mess up the switch at all?
Old 01-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Katanna
Did you check to see if this one is still available? http://www.danamarineproducts.com/Th...imSwitches.htm
These are still available, but guy said they were made to fit gaffrig or livorsi controls, he said he was unsure how they would fit the KK controls. Anyone used this before on the KK controls???
Old 01-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Registered

I went ahead and ordered this one from great lakes skippers site. I think it will work out just fine.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What would it take to turn a piece on a lath and put a switch in ?
Old 01-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ealesh33
These are still available, but guy said they were made to fit gaffrig or livorsi controls, he said he was unsure how they would fit the KK controls. Anyone used this before on the KK controls???
thats what i put them on the fact kk controls .i did 2 1989 formula 292s with them .pop the red cap off the throttle and there are 2 screws there , as i remember the new switch comes with longer screws and a metal part that holds the switch on.i drilled a small hole on the bottom of the round part of handle for the wires to come out .i think i used a small piece of speedo tube on 1 to run the wires thru with a small tie rap at the bottom .its a very simple job pretty sure you guys can handle it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.