Notices

38' Awesome

Old 08-12-2002, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 38' Awesome

Does anyone know what happened to that Awesome on the Clinton River saturday? It looked like they were pumping a lot of water out of it.That is a real nice boat hope it didn't get damaged too bad.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:13 PM
Registered

What time, and what colors was it?? I was in muscamoot and there was a nice purple/yellow 38 awesome parked nearby for a few hours, I left around 6:30 and it was still there when I left.
Old 08-12-2002, 04:10 PM
Registered

It was the purple and yellow one.I talked to the guy for a few minutes out at muscamoot.We were pretty shocked to pull in to the river and see all the commotion.Hope everyone is ok,he had some kids onboard.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:29 PM
Contagious

Default BURNSMAZZ

You mentioned you talked with this guy? Did you get his name? I may know him.. What kind of power did the boat have in it?

Old 08-13-2002, 04:28 PM
Registered

Correct me if I am wrong......But I think that this is the second Awesome and a 38 footer in a situation........this season
What gives......
Old 08-13-2002, 09:01 PM
Registered

well the first one hit something in the water, i could tear up ANY boat by doing that. the second one, who knows, that is how rumors get started!
Old 08-14-2002, 05:53 AM
Registered

It had 600sc in it, didn't get the guys name.Said it ran around 100, it's for sale for $275,000
Old 08-14-2002, 07:57 AM
Registered

I have seen people at my marina who have hit something in the clintion river any idea about what this is all about???
Old 08-14-2002, 09:48 AM
Registered

Clinton River is no wake the whole length, I'd think it's hard to hit anything hard enough to do much damage.

OTOH, I've seen all sorts of crap come floating down the river, especially if there have been storms in the previous few days. That goes for the lake as well - nothing like bopping along at 50 mph and almost running over a floating log! That'll wake you up every time!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:15 AM
Registered

I'd say a cat hull definitely can't take hitting something in the water as good as a v-hull, They are definitely laid up way lighter than a v-hull, I've seen impact damage on v-hulls, and cat's, two totally different stories, a cat has to be light to fly correctly, a v- is heavier to pound thru a wave, and then dont forget a v-hull is full out at the speeds a cat is just starting to pack air and ride correctly. Hitting something small at high speed in a lightly laid up cat can really rip it up, where a v-hull would just scratch, and crack a little.

Dockrocker, speaking of just missing a log, I was headed to put-in-bay in my cat in 95-96 for memorial day, when I first got that boat, and somewhere in the detroit river I just missed what I thought was a full tree or maybee a telephone pole. Had I hit that at the speeds I was traveling at, I'd guess both motors, and my transom would have ripped off, and who knows how I would have fared, the only thing I felt good about was that we all had our jackets on. Cat's are where it's at though....

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 08-14-2002 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: 38' Awesome

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.