Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Affordable places to stay-Florida Gulf Coast--Fort Myers/Naples/? >

Affordable places to stay-Florida Gulf Coast--Fort Myers/Naples/?

Notices

Affordable places to stay-Florida Gulf Coast--Fort Myers/Naples/?

Old 01-12-2014, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
This is one of my favorite places on the Gulf Coast, but not the same neighborhood you are looking at:
http://www.loewshotels.com/Don-CeSar-Hotel
that is a cool old hotel for sure...
Old 01-12-2014, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've done Sanibel and Captiva and Isle of Capri...loved them all for various reasons. Not really "married" to any location other than the general vicinity of Fort Myers. We are flying into Punta Gorda. Keep them coming--I won't have a boat(unless I rent one) as mine is tucked away for the winter in Wisconsin.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave,

I have a 2 bed/2 bath Condo on Manasota Key in Englewood. Beach side with pool right next to unit. Fresh interior, new 50 inch flatscreen, fun/beach/florida decor. I've got a couple kayaks that I carry about a block to the Intercoastal that are available to use. Check out our Facebook page at Mar-Lyn Condo Englewood Florida. About 30 miles to Punta Gorda Airport. Fun bars/restaurants, very little traffic and laid back. There are a couple boat rental places within a mile of the condo and prices seem reasonable for a day rental. The dock I use to launch my kayaks is public and could be used to tie up if you need to return to the condo during the day. In addition to the kayaks in the storage unit...there is enough plastic toys to build a huge Sand Castle and other beach/water stuff like skim boards, boogie board, snorkle...etc. My 10 year old handles the kayaks OK...not sure if a 5 year old could handle it. The intercoastal behind my unit is very protected and the water is always calm. It's blocked to the north by a road to a small private island so it's a dead end and no/little boat traffic.

Not sure if you're planning to be there for the Charlotte Harbor race but my place would be great for that. Unfortunately I have work commitments that week or I'd be at the race!

PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sidney

Last edited by Sidney64; 01-14-2014 at 12:07 PM.