Notices

Boating on the Ohio River

Old 01-23-2017, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boating on the Ohio River

I am looking for some info on boating on the Ohio River between Cincinnati & Louisville. Where do people go to raft up with other boaters, the party places etc

any info is a great help
Old 01-23-2017, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We boat a lot in the Warsaw area near the Markland Dam. There is 2 marina there (Smugglers Cover and Pier 99). These marina's are located in a big back water which allows you to get off the main river and we tie off a lot with other boats to off the main channel. Smugglers also has a restaurant to eat at after a long day of boating.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:13 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Surely people don't swim there? Drive to Cumberland..........
Old 01-23-2017, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TBAG
Surely people don't swim there? Drive to Cumberland..........

Do you swim in Harmon, or the Falls?
Old 01-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Registered

We tend to go up across from Riverbend a lot to tie up
Old 01-23-2017, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Spent a lot of time in the Ohio around Louisville. Been from Cincy to almost Paducah on both side of Mcalpine. The lower side is the best to overall just water ski, be with friends and float. swim down the river. The upper side is also good but you need to get a bit above 12 mile island. Just upstream from six mile island on the Indiana side is a huge barge operation. They dug a large place out to bring there barges in. After it was built pleasure craft started showing up on the weekends and they tried to keep them out filling law suits. To keep it short, they lost, so every weekend there can be 20 to 100 boats in there partying.

Further up from Louisville on the KY side is grassy flats, they park on the bank and this is another spot for parties
Old 01-23-2017, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

June 2016 my wife and I took my brother and his daughter and launched our 25' Eliminator Daytona on the Mississippi river just below Cairo, IL. We made the entire almost 1000 miles of the Ohio River to Pittsburgh, PA in 5 days. We especially like the area's between Cincinnati and Louisville. There are so many amazing places to beach and/or raft up all along the Ohio.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:07 PM
Registered

That sounds like it would be a pretty interesting story...quite an adventure and a trip to do in 5 days.

Originally Posted by lake p.a.l.
June 2016 my wife and I took my brother and his daughter and launched our 25' Eliminator Daytona on the Mississippi river just below Cairo, IL. We made the entire almost 1000 miles of the Ohio River to Pittsburgh, PA in 5 days. We especially like the area's between Cincinnati and Louisville. There are so many amazing places to beach and/or raft up all along the Ohio.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 1,323 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Spent a lot of time in the Ohio around Louisville. Been from Cincy to almost Paducah on both side of Mcalpine. The lower side is the best to overall just water ski, be with friends and float. swim down the river. The upper side is also good but you need to get a bit above 12 mile island. Just upstream from six mile island on the Indiana side is a huge barge operation. They dug a large place out to bring there barges in. After it was built pleasure craft started showing up on the weekends and they tried to keep them out filling law suits. To keep it short, they lost, so every weekend there can be 20 to 100 boats in there partying.

Further up from Louisville on the KY side is grassy flats, they park on the bank and this is another spot for parties
I was wondering if people still went there.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like Cabana said a lot boats raft up across the river from Riverbend/Coney Island. The water is a bit cleaner there, not clearer just cleaner. Not many performance boats but just about everything will be out there. About half way from there to New Richmond a lot of big cruisers raft up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.