Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Jason Preistly wrecks Indy car: let's hope this is the last of this. >

Jason Preistly wrecks Indy car: let's hope this is the last of this.

Notices

Jason Preistly wrecks Indy car: let's hope this is the last of this.

Old 08-12-2002, 06:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jason Preistly wrecks Indy car: let's hope this is the last of this.

Looks like Jason is going to be ok. He wrecked his car head on into a wall in Sparta, KY's new Kentucky Speedway. He wrecked during practics, so no one else was involveld. Lets all hope he learns from his mistakes this time, and if he wants to get into racing, take the time to get the proper training.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:48 PM
Contagious

Default Reindl Powerboats

Dont you guys lease raceboats? What kind of training are you providing to the customers that are leasing raceboats from you?

Just curious!

Old 08-12-2002, 07:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

We provide a racing school for all of our racers, and typically even put them in the boat with a professional throttleman for their first race. We also offer Offshore Racing Schools at every APBA event and at other various times throughout the year.

Our class also is actually a good place to start for many other saftey reasons. Small engines (320 hp), full canopy, onboard air, 5 point safty restraint systems, and certainly the most forgiving hull design on the planet. You can do things that would cause other boats to toss you our or spin over and your only expense would be a little speed loss. We also reserve the right to refuse anyone the race after the training and testing.

More information soon available @ www.reindlpowerboats.com
Old 08-12-2002, 07:07 PM
Contagious

So how much traning and seat time would I need to get in and race the boat? If I wanted to get in on the next event?

Old 08-12-2002, 07:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Not to quick on the computer today, hit new thread instead of reply. Your answer is on the new thread "what does it take to race One Design"

Basically you can do it all at one event. One Day Race School and one or 2 days of testing.
Old 08-12-2002, 07:30 PM
Contagious

Default What does it take to race One Design?

So it looks like a couple of days of training to go racing? Am I reading your other post correctly?

Old 08-12-2002, 07:58 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yes,
But like I said, we reserve the right to refuse anyone to race for any reason we think is unsafe. Some people just are not racers. We have had customers feel uncomfortable, and we have no problem giving them a full refund.

Obviously most of our customers are racers or high performance racers.

Chris Reindl
Old 08-12-2002, 08:11 PM
packinair

here is the text from the other thread:

Full day School and one day of testing on the race course at the event. Race is on Saturday, we arive in town on Wednesday. Usually we cover hotels and vinyl, etc with our sponsors.

For example: Corpus Christi Race is Aug 24th. We would do a School for new racers on Wed or Thurs and they would have two days of testing if they felt they needed it. We had a new racer in Cleveland, placed third in the Kilos, but came back and won the race on Saturday. We placed him with an APBA World Champion throttleman. For him it was about the experience, and he loved every second of it, wants to race a few races next year.

He doesn't want to buy a boat for racing, dial it in, worry about cheaters in his class, buy a truck, a crew team, drive it to the races, worry if something breaks, etc... He just wants to Fly in, attend a few racers parties and fly home. This is where we fit in. We take a lot of the expenses and hassels out of the experience.

You also get sponsor space for yourself to offset the leasing price.

All of this in the most advanced hull design out there.

Wanna Race?

www.reindlpowerboats.com

Also I would like to say that having spent alot of time in the v-24 it is a hell of a forgiving boat. we did a poker run a few weeks ago in 4-6' waves in one and it was amazing!! also as far as not having alot of experiance..... on Sunday I spent sometime with my girlfriend in the boat with her behind the wheel with me on the sticks. it would be hard to get yourself into trouble in this boat. .. she did really good and wants to know when her and Tara are going to jump in a race and show the guys what racing is all about.. the only bad part is now she wants to know where I hide the keys to the Cat

Last edited by packinair; 08-12-2002 at 08:15 PM.

Old 08-12-2002, 08:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, he should have never been allowed to race in that class, you would also hope that the people you race against are smart enough to realize their own limitations, but unfortunately there are those who are not.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:48 PM
Registered

Default On the other hand...

The only thing JP did this weekend was overshadow
the great accomplishment of
Sarah Fisher.

Goddamn yellow dog journalistas,
history is made, and all we can report on is the wrecks.

I keep waiting for Internet message board training school,
where they stop ya from...never mind.

Quick Reply: Jason Preistly wrecks Indy car: let's hope this is the last of this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.