Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Info Needed (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/30748-info-needed.html)

IceAngel 08-12-2002 03:51 PM

Info Needed

Hey you guys don't know who I am but, if you have read any of Sean Stinsons posts lately, you might have noticed that he has been talking about a girl from Texas. Well....it's me. Hi, I'm Terra; nice to meet you. What I need to know is: is this guy for real or is he full of it? You guys know him better than I do. I'm not trying to start a slam session on the guy, just trying to get a little more insight on what makes him tick. Oh and he knows I'm doing this and in fact it was his idea. So, whether it's good, bad, or ugly, I would like to know. Thanks for all the help.

Terra;)

Tbonepmp 08-12-2002 03:54 PM

Is This FOR REAL..???

Seems like a stand-up bro to me...
He's got my vote!!!!!!!!!!!;) :cool:

Mark in So. MD 08-12-2002 03:56 PM

Yeah he said something about giving up racing, marrying you and haveing a bunch of kids.:D :D No jk, I dont know him, but he's part of the OSO family, so yes, definietly a stand up guy.

mxz800 08-12-2002 04:06 PM

i will give him a thumbs-up rating:D :D :D :D

Jayl13 08-12-2002 04:17 PM

Oh he is a douche
Run like the wind

No just kidding
He is cool, gives good advice on boat repairs too! Helped out a friend of mine and never met me or him before when he was looking for a boat to purchase, more good advice.
Look out though, when you have a boat your a spender
go to west marine to pick up a 5 dollar light bulb and next thing you know your credit cards are all maxed out!!!!
2 thumbs up, stand up guy
Jason

IceAngel 08-12-2002 04:20 PM

Did he pay ya'll to say good things about him? Where's the dirt? LOL just kidding. I appreciate the response. Keep them coming

Cord 08-12-2002 05:06 PM

The guys a bum. So, does that make you available? :D

IceAngel 08-12-2002 05:18 PM

HAHAHAHA. Just what I need, another guy that I know nothing about. ;) :D

flylevel 08-12-2002 05:29 PM

Only to be fair. Tell us about you first.
1) Do you like boating?
2) Do you like boating?
3) Do you like boating?
etc. etc.
Also we need pictures of you!! LOL :D :D

OffshoreOnly 08-12-2002 05:36 PM

Great guy, stayed in my house when I had just met him. Treated me to dinner every night, cleaned up after himself, and respected my belongings. He is a lot of fun and if you ever get the chance to run in a Tiger with big power with him, you better hold on cause its gonna be the ride of your life. But you will come back alive. Sometimes I laugh at him, but most of the time with him.

OSo

G-Force 08-12-2002 05:37 PM

Okay...you want some insight into our OSO brother Sean? Go into the "Search" section of the board, type in his name, and you'll pull up every post with either his name, or any post he's made. My last girlfriend read EVERY SINGLE post I've ever made when she was checking me out...then she married me!:D
Of course we're getting divorced, but at least I checked out as a good guy!;)

I don't know the man, other than the posts I've read from him, and the posts I've read from others regarding him. My opinion (for what it's worth)....he's a good guy. Good luck!

(and post some pics for cripes sake!...i'm curious as to where his taste in women lay)

Sean...now would be a good time to DELETE all those incriminating posts...:eek: :D

IceAngel 08-12-2002 05:48 PM

You want to know about me???? Let Sean cover that one. He likes to talk about me more than I do. As for pics...I don't have one, but I'm sure I can work on it. Oh and as for liking boating, I'm farely new to the sport, but I like what I've seen.

Thanks again
Terra

ssherman 08-12-2002 05:57 PM

Well there was the week we spent in Vegas with the Midgets (nort) and 15 chicks two dogs and one bird:D But other than the shower with the gas station window washer he is a good guy:D :p

Steve 1 08-12-2002 06:15 PM

Sean! Tell him he never paid back the $500 I loaned him for the Room with the Tattooed Biker Chick and the Dog! Just Joking !

I do not know the Guy But he has the Respect of Respected Men (that’s how I judge a person ) Here ,And seems very Knowledgeable .
:D

RiverGirl 08-12-2002 06:43 PM

New to boating....eeeehh..... you better hold... and TIGHT...
I know that from experience!

all kidding aside....
He has a heart of gold.
He needs a good smart girl that will straighten him out here & there...
maybe that's you ...

;) :D :p

cuda 08-12-2002 07:38 PM

I've never met him, but he seems quite knowledgable, and presents it in a good way. Doesn't seem to be full of himself, even though he probably knows more about our sport than 99% of us.

Magicfloat 08-12-2002 07:57 PM

Don't know him but he offered to helpout a customer of mine who needed some technical advice,called the customer on his nickle,there was no money in it for him,he just wanted to help me out and he doesn't know me. That's a stand up guy in my book. Robert

Gearhead99 08-12-2002 08:25 PM

Never met him. Have read a lot of his posts.
I'd give him

IceAngel 08-12-2002 08:46 PM

You don't know how much I appreciate this. I guess he is as good as he says he is. Maybe I'll keep him. Thanks ya'll.
Just keep me posted LOL

Thanks again
Terra

sean stinson 08-12-2002 10:19 PM

Who's this Stinson guy???? He's a bum bad rep, bad this, bad that....

Seriously thanks for all the wonderful remarks and Knownothing...alright were even from the keys poker run brother but I still say it was the Crown Royal....Take care guy's. I am really touched gotta go get a kleenex now....

Sean

sean stinson 08-13-2002 04:21 AM

Originally posted by Troutly
Talked to him MANY times and spent a week hangin' with him in Miami. I'd have to say a great guy :) . Knows more about boats and boat racers than I ever could dream to in a life time :)
Hey Trout,

You forgot to tell her that "I know the owner" too, bro
:cool: :cool:

Audiofn 08-13-2002 08:06 AM

Well I guess I have to give him the good remarks for this one. High sturng is a understatement :D:D He looks out for his freinds (I thought he was going over the fence at Woodies for a little while :D:D)

The second time I met him he know I was trying to help a guy out that had hosed him down in the past and offered to help me do some work that he knew I could not do myself without a engine lift at 9:00-200 AM!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Good guy yes. He gets my vote. You will definatly have a smile on your face. Especially when calling this DJD guy when he is likely in the Pickle park :p :p

big daddy 08-13-2002 09:15 AM

What's up, Terra? Nice talking to you the other night. I find it hard to believe that this was Sean's idea, but here goes... Let's see...where do I begin?
Holy crap, this is gonna take longer than I thought!!! I'll have to get back to you.....

sean stinson 08-13-2002 09:17 AM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ike 08-13-2002 09:38 AM

He can't be all that bad he likes apaches.;)

big daddy 08-13-2002 10:25 AM

Sean Stinson is my personal hero and role model. His integrity is beyond reproach and his knowledge of all things boating is second to none. He is a gentleman and a scholar. His manners are only exceeded by his stunning good looks, award-winning smile, and affable personality. He is a bastian of truth and justice. Having done so much with so little for so long, he is now capable of performing virtually any task with little or no assistance or supervision. A pillar of the community, Sean is always eager to help out those less fortunate than himself, selflessly donating much of his precious spare time to several local children's charities and animal shelters.

jawbreakerkid 08-13-2002 10:26 AM

hmmm, where do i begin... yes, he is a stand-up type of guy, also known as a lay-down type of guy too, depending on who you talk to. j/k ;) along with troutly, i spent a week with him in miami last year. he was gracious enough to scare the hell out of my girlfriend and troutly's wife in a Tiger w/ big power.....they are still recovering from the Tiger bite. yes, troutly and i did lose the fight for the evening's dinner bill. FYI, don't let him pull the "i know the owner!" routine on you.....it is all B.S. his generosity proceeds him.... no doubt that you will have a fun time with him.

sean, don't forget to put my check in the mail, ah-kay? :D

jbk

Ike 08-13-2002 10:32 AM

Originally posted by big daddy
Sean Stinson is my personal hero and role model. His integrity is beyond reproach and his knowledge of all things boating is second to none. He is a gentleman and a scholar. His manners are only exceeded by his stunning good looks, award-winning smile, and affable personality. He is a bastian of truth and justice. Having done so much with so little for so long, he is now capable of performing virtually any task with little or no assistance or supervision. A pillar of the community, Sean is always eager to help out those less fortunate than himself, selflessly donating much of his precious spare time to several local children's charities and animal shelters.
:confused:

Strike 08-13-2002 10:52 AM

Sean better be a stand up guy! (Just kidding, we both have the same last name.) When he comes up to our run next year, you should come along. Believe me, great guy, and I will keep him away from the Canadian Ballet!
;)

Strike 08-13-2002 02:01 PM

BTW, welcome aboard!

PhantomChaos 08-14-2002 09:27 PM

Originally posted by sean stinson

Hey Trout,

You forgot to tell her that "I know the owner" too, bro
:cool: :cool:

I fell for that one time in Dana Point............thanks again for dinner Sean. :D :D :D :D :D

sean stinson 08-14-2002 09:37 PM

Here's the deal boys and girls

This weekend will be my last one here for a few...So if you guy's just have to bore me with your babble one more time this is the one for it.......Whoever, whatever, whenever, and however let me know the insight to the inner workings of your of your follies....Sean

BTW to everyone out here I have to say if it wasn't anything else it was fun and entertaining and I will miss all of you.......
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: ;)

sean stinson 08-14-2002 09:39 PM

That would be for the West Coast if anyone is trying to figure out my insanity.....Sean

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p :p

bajabob38 08-15-2002 07:45 AM

What can you say Bad about a guy who shares all his lady friends with his buddys, A real stand up guy.Can't wait till him makes NJ his new Home. :D :D :D

P.S.

Welcome aboard.

CRUBOSS 08-15-2002 09:48 AM

DON'T LET HIM DRINK ALOT. UNLESS YOU HAVE MAID SERVICE.....

sean stinson 08-15-2002 01:59 PM

Originally posted by CRUBOSS
DON'T LET HIM DRINK ALOT. UNLESS YOU HAVE MAID SERVICE.....
OUCH

sean stinson 08-15-2002 02:00 PM

Still claim responsibility without knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!